Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Josh Thomas...

72 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I commented on him several times in the game thread. His game won't show up in the stat sheet but he played well.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Bwood' timestamp='1352074305' post='1980840']

I'm sorry I just refuse to argue with an idiot tonight. My Panthers won and I'm gonna enjoy it.
[/quote]

48 hour vacation for the personal attack
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

Thanks for this thread--needed to be said.

I had a thought right after that fourth down play---could he play free safety?

However, the fact that you do not realize that he is on the field when we have the ball is a statement. The other Josh is playing well too.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='carolina-chuck' timestamp='1352072989' post='1980772']
Yea I wouldn't mind Gamble restructuring his contract but how many games are we going to get from him?
[/quote]

Gamble is on the backside of his career and is costing a fortune. Lets hope these young inexpensive players develop.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='jarhead' timestamp='1352072421' post='1980741']
I wonder if Thomas could be moved to safety when Gamble returns? That containment of RG3 was a thing of beauty when he was trying to get around the corner
[/quote]
Dang Jar--I had the same thought and posted it after you but before I read this. He is a player-I started noticing hm during the preseason.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='MHS831' timestamp='1352076158' post='1980911']
Dang Jar--I had the same thought and posted it after you but before I read this. He is a player-I started noticing hm during the preseason.
[/quote]

To me he is too talented to be on the bench.He is much more athletic than Naka

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Jackofalltrades' timestamp='1352071383' post='1980684']

Gamble is a top 5 CB. I'd try to restructure or extend him WAY before I considered letting him go.
[/quote]

That isn't really true....

Would you say he was a top 5 caliber in 2012 before getting hurt?

Would you say e was top 5 caliber in 2010 when benched?

He has a top 5 caliber year in 2011. Career wise, only one season has he played up to his contract.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Zod' timestamp='1352075973' post='1980901']

48 hour vacation for the personal attack
[/quote]

thanks. Ive lurked for a while and that guy attacks someone in every thread. He never posts anything constructive and his only contribution is "op sucks", "youre a moron", and general stupidity.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='jarhead' timestamp='1352076050' post='1980908']

Gamble is on the backside of his career and is costing a fortune. Lets hope these young inexpensive players develop.
[/quote]

Exactly, Gamble is also not "young" anymore. I wouldnt want to pay him that chunk of money next year when his age is up there and we don't know how many games he's going to play for us even though he has played pretty damn well. If these young cbs we have on the field now can keep playing at a high level , and gamble will not take a pay cut, cut him or trade him for whatever. Save the cap and use it on a younger cb through FA.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='jarhead' timestamp='1352076050' post='1980908']

[/quote]

Posted · Report post

Two reasons to Extend Gamble. One, he is still a starting caliber CB. Two, he is veteran leadership for a yourng secondary.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='CamNewtonIsaGod' timestamp='1352077057' post='1980965']

thanks. Ive lurked for a while and that guy attacks someone in every thread. He never posts anything constructive and his only contribution is "op sucks", "youre a moron", and general stupidity.
[/quote]

Awh that's a really cute story. I'm glad somebody could stick up for you.

I got banned for saying I don't want to deal with any idiots tonight, just wanna enjoy a win for once haha.

This place is an absolute joke now.