Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So no posts about leadership?

123 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm just telling you what a starter on the Panthers offensive line said. He didn't even mention Cam when leadership was the question. You don't have to like it, but that was the answer, and it was telling.

Posted

LOL,

Actual players tell you who the leaders are.

KT tells you they are wrong. Classic.

Posted

Brandon Lafell and Jordan Gross have called Cam "one of our leaders" before.

Bell speaks for the entire locker room? And is it really shocking a 2nd year offensive linemen points to the longest tenured lineman/highest paid player in the locker room as a leader? LOL. He didnt mention Beason either, guess he's not a leader either huh?

Posted

I asked about leaders on offense.

Posted

Cam was a leader of men today, he inspired our defense to finally do their job for 4 quarters.

The defense has been doing their job for about the past 5 games now. Where have you been?

Posted

LOL,

Actual players tell you who the leaders are.

KT tells you they are wrong. Classic.

This.

Posted

The defense has been doing their job for about the past 5 games now. Where have you been?

The defense did their job in Chicago? In Atlanta? Against New York? Who did they stop at the end of those games? If doing their job is shutting down Peyton for 3 quarters, only to watch him go off in the 4th for another 1 of those signature Peyton/Foxball 3 TD "comebacks", we're in a heap of trouble next week!

Posted

Man this stubborn insistence that Cam is a leader right this moment is getting annoying from any source.

Cam, as he sits right now, is not a leader on this team. I fully believe he will be. I believe it will be sooner rather than later. And I think the same emotional qualities that make it difficult for him to grow into the role will make him very good at it once he does grow into it. But right now he just isn't. He has a lot of personal growth he needs to go through before he's a real leader in that locker room. I also think we can see him going through that growing process this season as we watch how he carries himself.

I don't think the locker-room hates him or that he's a pariah; I just think that he needs to grow into a leadership role and that his teammates recognize this. And this isn't a bad thing - if his teammates put the whole locker room on his shoulders without letting him do his growing it wouldn't do anything but hurt him. It's a VERY rare individual that comes out of college at 23 years old and is ready to be the emotional leader of an NFL team. There's a certain maturity required for that and most people that age don't have it.

As fans it's also a bit hypocritical to say after a loss that we can't blame Cam for the poor play of the [defense / offensive line / coaches] and shield him from criticism because he didn't lose all by himself but then heap praise on him for the good play of the [defense / offensive line / coaches] because he was such a stellar leader that he elevated the play of a unit he doesn't even play on. Our defense deserves credit for their play yesterday, not Cam. Cam played a good, solid game and I was glad to see it...but he didn't play on the defensive side of the ball.

Posted

The defense did their job in Chicago? In Atlanta? Against New York? Who did they stop at the end of those games? If doing their job is shutting down Peyton for 3 quarters, only to watch him go off in the 4th for another 1 of those signature Peyton/Foxball 3 TD "comebacks", we're in a heap of trouble next week!

Then tell me when the offense has done their job. The defense has been more consistent and more productive than the offense in every game this season. The last five games don't include the Giants where the absence of offensive leadership was clear.

Posted

thank god it ain't mike shanahan. what a maroon

Posted

Wow, this thread is really hostile!

Posted

I never took credit away from our defense. I give them credit for playing hard and stepping up for 4 quarters. But this just might be the first time in 2 years they've done that. If the defense wants the reputation of being the backbone of this team, they need to go out there and win MORE games. They need to build a repuation of stopping people at the end of games. They've blown too many of the last 2 years to count. Going up against Peyton this week will be a good test.

As our leader, Cam has pointed the finger at himself after every loss. I just dont see other guys on our team doing that. I really dont. I don't see our veterans being vocal enough or doing the things true leaders do. Before the season started, guys were tweeting this, tweeting that, taking out ads, making BOLD statements to the media. Where is that now? Their voices are not heard, they are invisible. Sure they may be well liked in the locker room, we may have been to one of their charity games, but how are they LEADING us to wins?

This is Cam's team clearly, we go as how he goes. His leadership and play is pivotal to our success. If he's not on his A game, we don't win. It's been proven.