#76 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,368 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:39 AM

Not sure about the others, but I was trying to! I got his point and to some degree, he is right! The attacks on his leadership is a little unfair being he is in his second year, but i understand why the attacks are there. You can tell he has never dealt with much team adversity so it's going to be awhile before he can appropriately "put the team on his back." But I will also say that it would probably take a talented white QB less time to be a team player instead of wanting to be an "entertainer and icon"! Cam should get it, but it's gonna take him awhile

Really guy? Really?............................Ugh.

#77 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 19,700 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:05 AM

I noticed Cam was looking at the field photos on the sideline yesterday. That needs to be happening not just when things are going well, but especially when things are not going well.

When Cam throws an interception and heads to the sideline demanding to talk to Shula and look at the photos is when Cam really starts to mature in this league. The hang your head and pout routine by yourself on the bench needs to go, far too much for him to learn still.

#78 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 17,069 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:10 AM

I just made it back home to Charlotte awhile ago. Drove from Cary/Raleigh area to Charlotte about an hour after the game. And Im absolutely shocked in that time nobody has made a post talking about Cam's leadership. No commentary about his presser after the game? How did he do? Was he pouting?

Where is TonyN?
Where is 2jakefans?
Where is Highlandfire?
Where is Pantherclaw?
Where is MaulClaw?

For weeks when we lost, everything hinged on Cameron's "leadership", where are the people who psychoanalyzed that? Why nothing to add when we win? Or comments about the "intangibles" Cameron displayed today?

I gave significant props to Cam's performance yesterday (both on the field and leadership) in several threads. He looked like the QB that we came to know and love last year. He was smiling....had his swag back...celebrated with his team mates in the endzone after they made TD's....was interacting with coaches and players on the sideline. In short, he looked EXACTLY like the franchise QB and leader that many knew/hoped he would be when we drafted him.

You saw this team rally around him and each other yesterday. They looked like they were actually enjoying the game and were EXPECTING to win late in the game....rather than waiting for something bad to happen again.

This team is a couple of plays away from being 6-2 and they played like it yesterday.

Chicago....Smitty slipping and the Pick 6
Seattle....the horrible pass to Hartsock that would have been a TD
Atlanta....either the unfortunate Cam fumble or the terrible coverage on the hail mary
Dallas....the terrible int in the endzone or a handful of defensive let downs

Hell, we even had the ball down by 6 late in the TB game.

This team is close and yes the season is over in regards of the playoffs. But, they have shown over the past few weeks that this team DOES NOT need to be blow up....only tweeked. Cam IS our franchise QB. We need a change at HC and OC....we likely will purge some vet salaries (Beason is a possibility as is DWill).

I am glad to see that this team and Cam have NOT mailed it in and are going to make the last half of the season fun to watch.

#79 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:14 AM

But Zod we determined in this thread Cams play has 0 to do with the defense. They are an entire seperate entity. We couldve had Pickles out there and our championship D wouldve carried us.

Cams sideline demeanor/presser demeanor was the EXACT same yesterday as it has always been. Cam posts a 100 qb rating and leads us to our first road win over washington in franchise history and we're worried about etiquette? I dont remember this proper etiquette stuff when Moore was our QB. Who were our leaders yesterday? So I know whos gonna carry us against Denver.

#80 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 19,700 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:16 AM

Cams sideline demeanor/presser demeanor was the EXACT same yesterday as it has always been.

I disagree.

When things are not going well, Cam shuts down. I watch it from the sidelines week after week. I see it with my own eyes.

True leadership is shown in your actions when things are tough, not when things are going great.

#81 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• HUDDLER
  • 26,390 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:18 AM

Some of you are hypocrites. When we lost and Cam had great stats all I heard was "wins over stats". Well we won and you can't have it both ways.

As far as demeanor he hasn't been consistent, but he was just fine last week (and he played good last week on defeat as well)

#82 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 19,700 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:19 AM

KT,

Go watch the video that James Anderson did last week.

I asked Byron Bell specifically who the leaders were on the offense. His answer? Gross and Smith.

I am the one that had to bring up Cam when leadership was the question.

I think Cam does have the tools needed to be a great leader, but pretending like he is one now isn't doing him any favors.

#83 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:19 AM

I disagree.

When things are not going well, Cam shuts down. I watch it from the sidelines week after week. I see it with my own eyes.

True leadership is shown in your actions when things are tough, not when things are going great.

I disagree, I think Cam's "leadership" is a convenient scapegoat for fans of a bad franchise.

I think people overanalyze Cam's "etiquette" because he's a hard worker and has to perform well for us to win. He is not Jake Delhomme, stop expecting him to be. He leads by his play and by example and always takes the fall for "unheralded" guys that so many on this board wanna prop up when things go good, but wont mention when we lose.

#84 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 19,700 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:21 AM

I disagree, I think Cam's "leadership" is a convenient scapegoat for fans of a bad franchise.

I think people overanalyze Cam's "etiquette" because he's a hard worker and has to perform well for

Oh, I am not saying it is the reason why we lose at all. There are many reasons why we lose. Cam's leadership is pretty far down the list.

I am just saying there is a great deal of room for growth in Cam.

#85 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:22 AM

Some of you are hypocrites. When we lost and Cam had great stats all I heard was "wins over stats". Well we won and you can't have it both ways.

They want "professional losers", not "leaders".

When I ask who our leaders are and who is gonna carry us next week, I cant get an answer. We want to prop up our unheralded guys when we win, but aint asking them to carry the load, only to show up. That isnt leadership at all. Thats likeability. And I promise you, if Foxy & Peyton mash us, Cam will be the first target, not our "championship" defense.

#86 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:25 AM

I am just saying there is a great deal of room for growth in Cam.

As is any 2nd year QB. But the overanalyzing of it, is over the top. Cam is never gonna be Jake Delhomme guys. He's not gonna be this rah rah rainbows up your ass on the sidelines, slobberknocker getting pissed off after he throws another INT, "aww shucks I cant believe I messed up" in the postgame presser guy.

He leads in his own way, and by his play. I think we do him and our franchise a disservice when we DONT acknowledge it. Other teams with young QBs go out of their way to make it about "rallying behind your QB" and praising any sign of leadership they display. You cant have it both ways.

#87 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 19,700 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:27 AM

But the overanalyzing of it, is over the top.

I am pretty sure we have torn apart and analyzed every QB the Panthers have ever had. I don't think Cam is any different in that regard.

#88 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:35 AM

I am pretty sure we have torn apart and analyzed every QB the Panthers have ever had. I don't think Cam is any different in that regard.

I dont recall us overanalyzing Moore's "leadership". It seems if you arent very gifted physically or not overly talented, its assumed you have intangibles. And if you are a physical specimen, then nobody can see intangibles in you. I never seen Panther fans make such a big deal about sideline demeanor, post game press conferences, and etiquette until Cameron became our QB. And Im pretty sure if Moore or Jake put up 2 TDs, posted a 100.1 QB rating and got us our first road win IN Washington their supporters would've mentioned the "intangible qualities" they displayed in the win.

#89 footballisasport

footballisasport

• HUDDLER
  • 5,014 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:35 AM

LOL...it's clear that a "leader" has less to do with how Cam behaves and more to do with how the media paints him in with some. Notice how they ignore the immaturity of the grown men on this team and their lack of leadership skills but expect a 23 years old to carry this team by himself simply because the talking heads in the media said so.

You can't take some of the folks on here too seriously.

#90 EasternJ

EasternJ

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:40 AM

King T-- Ironically, your post mocking those who have questioned Cam's leadership, and now have failed to mention his leadership as a factor in this win, has created another thread where folks are questioning Cam's leadership. Great job! Perhaps without posts about Cam's leadership for you to defend you were left with nothing to say.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.