Photo
- - - - -

John Fox's biggest weakness as head coach...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
38 replies to this topic

#25 cultclassiccat

cultclassiccat

flash

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:22 PM

When Elway brought in Manning, he also took any form of control over the offense away from Fox.

What he ^^^ said.

#26 Papa-Pwn

Papa-Pwn

NEWB

• Pip
ROOKIE

Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:06 PM

Fox hasn't been involved with the Denver offense at all since he's been there.

#27 Keep Pounding

Keep Pounding

Smith & Wesson 460

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:31 PM

Peyton will make swiss cheese of this soft zone that we run, I hope we play some man coverages and blitz TD, Anderson and Luke a lot to get to Manning.....

I loved Fox as a HC, always felt like he got the crappy end of the stick, but no way I want him walking out of BofA with a smile on his face........

#28 Marc Anthony

Marc Anthony

HUDDLE VET

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:37 PM

Panthers 3-6, we will win this one and OPEN a few eyes. Trust me.

#29 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

Blazing Trails Thru the NFC South

HUDDLER

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:00 AM

Playing too conservative with a marginal lead.

Could this come into play Sunday? I think so. The Broncos could very well be up by 10 in the 3rd quarter. If that happens, will Fox institute Fox ball and shut down the explosive offense for a more run the clock mode? Can we capitalize on that?

If Fox goes retro Peyton will simply walk to the LOS and audible to whatever play he sees fit versus the Panther's defensive look.

Fox wil look up to the replay something like this:

Posted Image

Panthers need to kidnap Antonio Cromartie for this game as he is kryptonite to Manning's Superman play.

Reality is as the DC (Rivera) for the Chargers from 2008-2010 was 1-1 versus the Colts and Manning in the Regular Season.

We're going to have our hands full and then some.

#30 Sword

Sword

Ninja Pirate

HUDDLER

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:08 AM

i think we all know Fox's weakness here; the screen pass and the tight end. Something we actually run nowadays.

#31 raleigh-panther

raleigh-panther

SUPPORTER

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:14 PM

Fox's biggest weakness, he didn't have Peyton Manning as the QB.

Who says there is no irony in this world when the man who set offensive football back 50 years winds up with Manning.

#32 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

so this site thinks jerry jones is a good owner now i guess

SUPPORTER

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:25 PM

we are the exact kind of team right now that a mid-to-late era fox coached panthers team would have given up a mind-bending, frustrating loss to.

fortunately for the broncos his role is quiet different there than it was here.

#33 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

Moderators

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:44 PM

John Fox comes to Carolina for revenge with Peyton Manning and a solid defense in tow against a 2-6 Panthers squad that beat a coachless Saints team and a Redskins team whose coach verbally admitted he's given up on the season.

I smell a Carolina blowout.

Shanahan never said that. In fact, he held a press conference to refute that nonsense.

not

#34 LA_Panther

LA_Panther

HUDDLER

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:47 PM

We have proven that we can hang with the best of them (Bears Game, Falcons game). We just need to learn how to finish. We beat the redskins, but I'm still not happy about how we don't KO teams once we have them down. Chud has no idea what to do with a lead...We need much better 2nd half execution from our offense

#35 Khaki Lackey

Khaki Lackey

I keeps it real

SUPPORTER

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:28 PM

we are the exact kind of team right now that a mid-to-late era fox coached panthers team would have given up a mind-bending, frustrating loss to.

fortunately for the broncos his role is quiet different there than it was here.

Actually we are the type of team that could actually make fox-ball work.

#36 Achilles

Achilles

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:09 PM

I'm going to the game, so I hope we keep it close. Denver is a very good team, but not materially better than Atlanta or Chicago or even Seattle for that matter. We have proven that we can stay in games even against elite talent and that is Payton Manning.

I don't really expect us to win. I would not be surprised if this was one of those games in which we keep it within a TD for 3 quarters and then Denver runs away with it. I'm thinking it could look like 21-17 going into the 4th, Panthers will have an opportunity to take the lead, but can't get it done. In this scenario, Denver wins the game by pulling away at the end 31-21, a 10-3 4th quarter score.

I agree with the person who said the Panthers can only win if they don't turn the ball over. I'll concede that turning the ball over once might not be our undoing, but certainly losing the turnover battle will spell doom. It still stands that the Panthers have not won a single game in which Cam has thrown an INT.

If we can hold them to under 25 points, we have a chance. If we hold them to under 20, we stand a very good chance.

John Fox will be gunning for a win in BOA; I have to believe that. Ole Foxy is a better coach than Rivera, I don't think it is even debatable. So...we have that going against us.