83 replies to this topic

#61 TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

Cam Nut Hugger

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,943 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 03:54 PM

Read up on the Rams situation in St. Louis. It isn't good. Baseball town, owner Stan Kroenke has met with LA a lot about a relocation and he won't rule it out. They're not getting a new stadium. They're not getting the upgrades to that ancient dome. I think St. Louis is very likely to head out west.

I'm also not buying LA getting TWO new teams. They'll get one. Football has never been able to survive there for whatever reason. I think they'll be awarded one franchise but the NFL isn't just going to hand them two and say lets see how you do.

#62 YoungPanthers89

YoungPanthers89

Lucy Snorebush

• HUDDLER
  • 10,754 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:03 PM

uhhh no please

#63 Irv

Irv

Winner Best New Huddler

• HUDDLER
  • 3,338 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:05 PM

Deangelo williams has a better chance of winning an oscar then the panthers leaving.

#64 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:19 PM

PSL not going to happen in LA.

#65 GoCarolina8990

GoCarolina8990

All Day

• HUDDLER
  • 2,494 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:24 PM

I am a fan of the CAROLINA Panthers

#66 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 16,469 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:32 PM

I'm also not buying LA getting TWO new teams. They'll get one. Football has never been able to survive there for whatever reason. I think they'll be awarded one franchise but the NFL isn't just going to hand them two and say lets see how you do.

lol, the Rams were only in Los Angeles for 48 years.
And they never had a Football Stadium.

#67 TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

Cam Nut Hugger

• HUDDLER
  • 6,943 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:33 PM

I mean there's no real way that this can happen, is there

#68 DoubleTrouble34

DoubleTrouble34

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:44 PM

I hope not, I do not want my favorite team to be 3,000 miles away

#69 TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

Cam Nut Hugger

• HUDDLER
  • 6,943 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:46 PM

The real question here, would Richardson's sons (assuming they inherit the team) move the Panthers to LA. I dont think Jerry would do it.

#70 Chaos

Chaos

A Star is born

• HUDDLER
  • 8,532 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:32 PM

Posted Image

A more accurate rendering would have shown about ten thousand fans in attendance.

#71 h0llywood

h0llywood

I HATE LUKE KUECHLY!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,928 posts
  • LocationPasadena, CA

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:48 PM

The mega region of Southern California is home to 22 million people. I doubt there will be a problem filling the stadium.

#72 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,630 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:52 PM

The mega region of Southern California is home to 22 million people. I doubt there will be a problem filling the stadium.

Why did the Raiders and Rams leave?

I know stadium issues were part of it, but you have Hollywood and all of those attractions and amenities associated with it, major league baseball, one NBA teams steeped in tradition and still viewed as contenders and another on the rise with young stars, and oh yeah, the Kings who just won the Stanley Cup, if there wasn't a lockout.

I'm sure fans would come the first year or so, but it would die down after that, especially if the team isn't successful... There's just too much to do and no matter how popular the game of football is, I don't see it sustaining interest in the form of ticket sales in L.A.

#73 Nickdizzle20

Nickdizzle20

NEWB

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:04 PM

I hope not, I do not want my favorite team to be 3,000 miles away

Story of my life right now!! lol

#74 h0llywood

h0llywood

I HATE LUKE KUECHLY!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,928 posts
  • LocationPasadena, CA

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:09 PM

There's a plethora of reasons.

The biggest one was the stupidity of Al Davis playing at the Colisium. Worst neighborhood to ever place a stadium and with over 100k seats, it was nearly impossible to ever sell out which caused blackouts and fans weren't able to watch the games on tv. Gang violence associated itself with the team which dissuaded many fans to not attend in person. Imagine going to a game and your life was threatened by street gangs. That's not exactly a place families would go. I believe any new team will have different colors to prevent such a conflict to occur.

If any of you recall the history of the Panthers, the NFL had great concerns about the Panthers as an inaugural team having the color black as the primary color. Fact is Charlotte doesn't have the gang problem LA has/had. I believe as long as the Raiders aren't around, it won't be a problem this time.

As for the Rams, the team actually played in Anaheim Stadium which was a baseball field. God bless her soul passed away but she was the major force in the team leaving. The stadium was behind in box seats and other revenue making and her best bet after the 1994 earthquake was to move the team to St. Louis. I think the fan base for Rams fans is big enough for them to last this time around.

Fact is a new state of the art Stadium will no doubt want fans to come in. If a fan like me has watched a game in Charlotte, Minnesota, Arizona and San Diego, I wouldn't mind driving down the freeway to watch my home grown team.

The biggest obstacle is gaining new fans. The NFL has been gone so long that everyone who watches the NFL in LA has their teams already. It would be the fair weather fans that would become diehards.

Back in 1994, how'd your prepare yourselves to start watching the Panthers assuming you already had a team? It would be the same situation.

#75 Panthers Nation

Panthers Nation

Swaggin on ducks on a daily basis.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:29 PM

I hope this isn't true but I could see LA targeting us just because we have a marketable qb Cam Newton,who want's to cheer for Blaine Garbage?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.