• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 FastNFurious

FastNFurious

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:29 PM

Well actually, they talked about how RG struggled. There was not one mention of Cam or a comment on how Carolina snapped their losing streak....

I guess the Panthers aren't worthy of discussion unless they are firing someone or Cam is "not acting like a man"...

#2 jake14wl

jake14wl

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:44 PM

RG3 is being hyped up by the media because they desperately want someone to overshadow Cam. All I've heard is how intelligent & accurate he is. That he is nothing like Michael Vick. Well sorry ESPN, RG3 looked like Vick 2.0 to me.

-horrible pocket presence

-overthrew multiple times on check downs

-rarely looked downfield

-looks at his 1st option then throws check down or takes off running

-has a small body & takes some nasty hits

-o-line has to call his protection for him

I had never watched him play. Just heard all the hype. He is the next coming of Joe Montana from the way he is described. To me all I saw was a QB with poor pocket awareness who throws a check down or takes off running. Not impressed.

Washington has 0 1st rd picks until 2015. Their fans are being sucked in by fool's gold.

#3 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,760 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:48 PM

it was funny, the announcers kept saying he was the most accurate rookie, then he miss like 8 5 yard passes, badly.

#4 TruCatzFan

TruCatzFan

Phil 4:13

• HUDDLER
  • 6,470 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:49 PM

We're 2-6... And they hate Cam! Did you really think that they would give Cam props for throwing a dime to Smitty while his thumbnail (on his throwing hand) was split in half and bleeding profusely?

#5 The_Mango55

The_Mango55

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:52 PM

Cam obviously played better, but I don't thing rg3 played as bad as his stats looked. His overthrows on check downs were all from trying to loft the ball over a jumping lineman and avoid having his passes batted down.

I think he eventually ends up pretty good. In fact I think all 5 rookie qbs starting look pretty good. Which is probably bad news for qbs looking to enter the draft, because it doesn't seem like many teams will be wanting to use a high pick on one. Arizona, KC, and maybe buffalo.

But I still take Cam over all of them.

#6 tiger7_88

tiger7_88

old skool SWAG

• HUDDLER
  • 4,892 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:58 PM

Cam obviously played better, but I don't thing rg3 played as bad as his stats looked. His overthrows on check downs were all from trying to loft the ball over a jumping lineman and avoid having his passes batted down.

I have to disagree here... I don't think ALL his overthrows on check downs were for that reason.

Sometimes he just plain overthrew the ball... kinda like Cam does and takes poo for it.

#7 jake14wl

jake14wl

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:03 PM

All I know is I wouldn't trade Cam for RG3.

Out of all the rookie QB's from the past two drafts Cam & Luck will be the only two to really succeed. And I think they will both be all-time greats.

#8 Rubi

Rubi

Squid Smasher

• HUDDLER
  • 2,308 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:17 PM

Redskins draft status for the next few years is in the toilet....

#9 BBQ&Beer

BBQ&Beer

The good actor

• HUDDLER
  • 3,965 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:50 PM

LOL! Bermer just said "Cam Newton won the battle between the two Bla... Er... Last Heisman Trophy winners."

#10 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,567 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:52 PM

yeah everything on ESPN today has been about the Redskins. Nothing about the Panthers. Panthers get no credit for a win. Even the titles on the topics were "Redskins" or "RG3 vs. Panthers" we will never get any love but whatever.

#11 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,567 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:55 PM

We're 2-6... And they hate Cam! Did you really think that they would give Cam props for throwing a dime to Smitty while his thumbnail (on his throwing hand) was split in half and bleeding profusely?

If that were Brady, or a manning, Matt Ryan or anyone like that, they would spend hours talking about how tough that guy is being able to play through that and make a perfect TD pass and so on forever. They won't even dare mention it since it happened to Cam

#12 Iceberg Slim

Iceberg Slim

Keep it 100

• HUDDLER
  • 2,087 posts
  • Locationwhatcha worried about it for

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:04 PM

The media hates Cam for whatever reason...go figure

#13 TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

Cam Nut Hugger

• HUDDLER
  • 7,058 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:08 PM

I heard NFLN say something like "how RG3 plays here on out will tell a lot about him because when you're 3-6 it's do or die/backs against the wall until you fight your way out".

What the hell did Cam just do at 1-6!!!!!!!

#14 jake14wl

jake14wl

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:13 PM

I have a feeling when we win the Super Bowl Cam will poo all over the media. He's gonna get that Lombardi Trophy, fly to Charlotte, & celebrate with his teammates & fans. When the media tries to come around he'll tell them to piss off.

That would be awesome. Tell em to kill rocks.

#15 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

• HUDDLER
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:15 PM

I have a feeling when we win the Super Bowl Cam will poo all over the media. He's gonna get that Lombardi Trophy, fly to Charlotte, & celebrate with his teammates & fans. When the media tries to come around he'll tell them to piss off.

That would be awesome. Tell em to kill rocks.

I know your probably high on positivity after the win....and it's good to be happy about the win, but were nowhere close to a superbowl

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com