Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jake14wl

Thomas Davis: NFL Comeback Player of the Year

29 posts in this topic

I think Davis deserves it for all he has been through, but Manning will win it and also is deserving. AP doesn't qualify in my mind, he didn't miss extended time for his injury.

TD is doing something no other player has every done before. AP shouldn't be considered because he played 12 games last season and had all offseason to recover. Yes it was a fast recovery but I don't know the extent of how bad his acl was injured.

Manning I really think was more about his contract situation and the Colts wanting to tank to get luck. Manning I bet you could have played but it would have taken the Colts out of the Luck race. I doubt the colts wanted to pay a 36 year old Manning 100mill when they could have Luck for 25 and use the other 75mill in other areas.

Not trying to be a homer but if TD plays all 16 games he should be the unanimous choice.

He deserves it, but he has no shot.

TD is doing something no other player has every done before. AP shouldn't be considered because he played 12 games last season and had all offseason to recover. Yes it was a fast recovery but I don't know the extent of how bad his acl was injured.

Manning I really think was more about his contract situation and the Colts wanting to tank to get luck. Manning I bet you could have played but it would have taken the Colts out of the Luck race. I doubt the colts wanted to pay a 36 year old Manning 100mill when they could have Luck for 25 and use the other 75mill in other areas.

Not trying to be a homer but if TD plays all 16 games he should be the unanimous choice.

Too much Peyton love out there. Would be fun if TD could get a couple of sacks, an int, and a fumble recovery against Peyton. How sweet to think about.

He should be comeback player of all time

2 people like this

Manning will win it because he is a quarterback and quarterbacks get more attention and kudos than linebackers.

Too much Peyton love out there. Would be fun if TD could get a couple of sacks, an int, and a fumble recovery against Peyton. How sweet to think about.

It is always sweet to think about TD blowing someone up. Can't wait to see the look on John Fox's face when TD dominates the Broncos.

1 person likes this

TD definetly deserve it after three consecutive ACL but no matter what, you can't beat Peyton.

Hell even Peyton's name was considered one of the runner up for MVP last year when he didn't even play a single snap.

He deserves it more than lego neck. AP is a freak but doesn't deserve it.

I'd love to see Davis win it, none of us knew what he'd look like coming into the year and hes played great...

But then again, everyone also expected Manning to break his neck in the pre-season when he got that "welcome back" hit and so far this season hes the most sacked/hit QB in the NFL and hes put up some really nice numbers and doesn't look like he's slackin' off...so honestly he deserves it just as much as Davis in my eyes, and him being the QB and legend that he is, Manning will most like run away with it...

But the homer in me would love Davis to get it

Manning will win it because he is a quarterback and quarterbacks get more attention and kudos than linebackers.

This.

Plus the fact ( whether you like it or not) that Manning is playing outstanding right now.

He will win and the voting won't even be close.

I'd love to see Davis win it, none of us knew what he'd look like coming into the year and hes played great...

But then again, everyone also expected Manning to break his neck in the pre-season when he got that "welcome back" hit and so far this season hes the most sacked/hit QB in the NFL and hes put up some really nice numbers and doesn't look like he's slackin' off...so honestly he deserves it just as much as Davis in my eyes, and him being the QB and legend that he is, Manning will most like run away with it...

But the homer in me would love Davis to get it

For what it's worth, Manning has been sacked 10 times, tied for second least in the NFL.

For what it's worth, Manning has been sacked 10 times, tied for second least in the NFL.

The Kraken & Big Money will fix that come Sunday. I can't wait to see Thomas Davis split the gap on a blitz & lay the jackhammer to Peyton.