Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gettis activated... Pilares to IR

77 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

ya during a kick. Cut to break. Not sure what happened but he must have torn something.

Posted · Report post

oh wee mayne.

Posted · Report post

Plenty of time for Gettis to still get 1,000 yards

I kid, I kid

Posted · Report post

This Pilares injury was a fluky play. Really didn't look like much, like he just fell on it after a tackler took his legs out from under him on a kick return. Dag, I like him too. Very reliable returner and a good blocking WR.

Posted · Report post

Carolina was going to activate Gettis. Pilares getting hurt just made the decision on who to take off the roster for him (Gettis) easier. Pilares offers nothing to the team sans returning kicks and he hasn't made a huge impact there this year.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

kind of surprised about pilares. i remember him getting hurt, but i don't remember any details.

i am glad to see gettis getting a shot.

as far as KRs....edwards? maybe adams.

i dunno

Posted · Report post

I seem to remember Pilares jumped up in the air as he was being hit and caused him to fly through the air and land funny.

Posted · Report post

I hope Gettis is ready

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Mage' timestamp='1352218930' post='1984150']
Carolina was going to activate Gettis. Pilares getting hurt just made the decision on who to take off the roster for him (Gettis) easier. Pilares offers nothing to the team sans returning kicks and he hasn't made a huge impact there this year.
[/quote]

He has made a big impact on special teams, like that punt he downed at the one. Also can make a tackle on PT/KT coverage

Posted · Report post

Man what the fug. I'm happy to have Gettis back but I really like Pilares. IR is filling up quick :(

Posted · Report post

Excited to see Gettis back on the field and Adams returning kicks and punts. Worried, yes.. but the ceiling is high for both.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='La Pantera' timestamp='1352218615' post='1984128']
Guess Adams will get another shot.
[/quote]

Doubt it. That would mean we would activate 6 WRs for gameday (Smith/LaFell/Murphy/Edwards/Gettis/Adams). If I had to guess, I think Edwards gets a shot at KR duties (coaching staff seems high on him and he's listed as the backup on the depth chart at Panthers.com).