#1 Bj-Monster23

Bj-Monster23

Slam Newton

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,005 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:37 PM

I think Ron Rivera and Norv Turner are very much similar in various ways. Norv Turner Chargers are always notorious slow when starting out of the gate. The last two season with Rivera our team has started out very slow at the beginning of the season. The same thing can be said about the atrocious play calling and the mismanagement of the game involving the play clock and key game situations.

Rivera really reminds me a lot of Norv Turner. That is not good. Norv Turner is a great OC but not a great HC. I think the same can be said about Rivera and been a good DC.

#2 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,405 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:36 AM

Cam started the season with back to back 400+ yard games after the lock out and losing two LB's and his starting FA DT.

#3 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,377 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:45 AM

It's worrisome that RR was mentored by Norv. I hope he can rise above it.

#4 The Huddler

The Huddler

St. Thomas Aquinas

• HUDDLER
  • 3,902 posts
  • LocationRadford University

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:52 AM

Rivera on the verge of breaking out.

#5 megadeth078

megadeth078

hate hate hate

• HUDDLER
  • 3,993 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:20 AM

We won 1 game after losing 5 in a row.

Can we wait a few weeks before we say Rivera has turned the season around?

#6 Bwood

Bwood

It's all about the

• HUDDLER
  • 2,491 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:25 AM

The Panthers are the hottest below 500 team in the league.

#7 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 18,745 posts
  • LocationGreensboro

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:30 AM

casual relationship at best, not sure any real correlation can be drawn from it. too many different factors at play with both teams and far to small a sample size.

#8 Gabeking

Gabeking

• HUDDLER
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:32 AM

It's worrisome that RR was mentored by Norv. I hope he can rise above it.

im pretty sure i remember him once saying that he was mentored by jim johsnon mostly, he didnt really need any mentoring with norv as he had full control of the defense by then. but the fact that he was under both andy reid's staff and norv's staff is pretty worrisome because those are two TERRIBLE head coaches to learn from in regards to clock management (im not aware of how good or bad lovie smith is in regards to clock management)

#9 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,377 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 06:04 AM

im pretty sure i remember him once saying that he was mentored by jim johsnon mostly, he didnt really need any mentoring with norv as he had full control of the defense by then. but the fact that he was under both andy reid's staff and norv's staff is pretty worrisome because those are two TERRIBLE head coaches to learn from in regards to clock management (im not aware of how good or bad lovie smith is in regards to clock management)

Yeah, on the defensive side of the ball, RR didn't need any mentoring by the time he reached San Diego, let alone by an offensive guy like Norv. I was talking more about how to be a head coach. Game management, how to run practices, dealing with players and management, etc.

I doubt Ron was thinking much about HC characteristics in Philly, as he was just getting started in coaching. After a year or two back in Chicago, he probably began to think more about it, but he wasn't Lovie's guy, so he may not have gotten much guidance from him.

I don't know. All of this is obviously just speculation. There is no doubt though that RR is learning on the job and he has seemed less prepared for the HC role than many coordinators that make the jump to the next level. Let's just hope he learns quickly enough that he can get things turned around the rest of the year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.