Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Former NY Giants GM Ernie Accorsi Hired To Search For Panthers GM

109 posts in this topic

Posted

I would much rather put the priority on getting a quality "football guy" to be the final say in personnel and then complement him with a cap guy than find a quality "cap guy" and then complement him with a football guy. I'd assume it's fairly easy to find a cap expert... Not so much when it comes to finding a guy who can accurately evaluate talent.

Posted

FWIW our current cap dude does a good job with the shitstorm he has had to put up with the past couple of years.

2 people like this

Posted

Ernie Magic!

Next up Cookie Monster

Posted

FWIW our current cap dude does a good job with the shitstorm he has had to put up with the past couple of years.

we have a current cap guy? i thought that was hurney.

Posted

I wouldn't discount Kevin Abrams as an option here.

yep yep yep

Posted

No No we have a guy who specializes in squeezing out some room after Hurney's deals.

I won't assume to know if he greenlights contracts before hand or simply told H-Dog that "Thats going to fug us 4 years from now" and then has to fix the problem later.

1 person likes this

Posted

I would much rather put the priority on getting a quality "football guy" to be the final say in personnel and then complement him with a cap guy than find a quality "cap guy" and then complement him with a football guy. I'd assume it's fairly easy to find a cap expert... Not so much when it comes to finding a guy who can accurately evaluate talent.

I'm of the mind that we need to hire both a GM and a Director of Player Personnel. My dream combo would be Abrams and Ross, but I'm not expecting that.

2 people like this

Posted

Rob Rogers.

1 person likes this

Posted

Oops my bad. I have no clue who he is. I thought he was the giants GM. My bad.

You don't know who Ernie Accorsi is? Do you follow football?

Posted

No No we have a guy who specializes in squeezing out some room after Hurney's deals.

I won't assume to know if he greenlights contracts before hand or simply told H-Dog that "Thats going to fug us 4 years from now" and then has to fix the problem later.

is that beane or rodgers or someone else?

Posted

The guy they hire better come in with the mindset to really build around Cam. Not reaching for OG's, DT's, and the like with early picks.

1 person likes this

Posted

Like Marty Hurney, Accorsi has a background in journalism. Accorsi is a former reporter for the Charlotte News.

https://mobile.twitter.com/josephperson/status/266964961681608704

Accorsi has a winning background. He's well respected in league office, natural fit with Jerry Richardson. Have known each other a while.

https://mobile.twitter.com/josephperson/status/266965649841061888