37 replies to this topic

#16 mr beauxjangles

mr beauxjangles

Large Member

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,422 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:28 PM

Cute. Theft is theft. Justify it any way you like.

So you don't place any value on the aforementioned public goods and services?

#17 CatofWar

CatofWar

Join, or Die

• HUDDLER
  • 3,477 posts
  • LocationGitmo

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:34 PM

So you don't place any value on the aforementioned public goods and services?

I place value on the money I worked for. The government didn't put those hours in, I did. This country got along just fine before the income tax.

Why would I want to pay in to wars that I don't agree with? Same goes for the indoctrination centers they claim are schools (that's state btw).

They have no right to forcefully take what is mine. Just as I have no right to take what is theirs.

You are relying on the government ***. Before long it will fail you.

#18 mr beauxjangles

mr beauxjangles

Large Member

• HUDDLER
  • 3,422 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:55 PM

You didn't answer the question. We all value the money we work for. And I too, do not value wars predicated on false information. I asked if you valued the public goods and services that I mentioned.

#19 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 22,004 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:02 PM

i don't dispute or mind goods and services. but when my money continues to get taxed and i look around at the QUALITY of said goods and services, what am i to do/say?

my only bone of contention with raising taxes is two fold. one it's a very challenging time to do it and secondly, i simply have a very hard time trusting state and the feds to spend MY/your money wisely.

the CBO is supposedly non partisan but they only tell us and congress what any level headed person knows about the outcome of the spending.

congress doesn't have enough skin in the game imo. sure they can get voted out but all they need to do is take care of the right people enough times and they are safe.

there needs to be more metrics utilized on congress and their spending and effectiveness with taxes. a report card of some sorts on a website that is clear and concise and easy to understand.

same needs to go towards having a metric of how schools are doing, specifically at the local level. if you are i a district and say 50% or more of the schools in your district are below grade level or standards that are in place, you show up on a report just like if a dude doesn't pay his child support. a little shameful peer pressure might be a good thing for a change.

#20 CatofWar

CatofWar

Join, or Die

• HUDDLER
  • 3,477 posts
  • LocationGitmo

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:03 PM

You didn't answer the question. We all value the money we work for. And I too, do not value wars predicated on false information. I asked if you valued the public goods and services that I mentioned.

No, I do not.

#21 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 16,262 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:20 PM

I place value on the money I worked for. The government didn't put those hours in, I did. This country got along just fine before the income tax.

It did, eh? Tell me about the utopia of pre-1861 America please.

#22 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 15,919 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:24 PM

Why would I want to pay in to wars that I don't agree with? Same goes for the indoctrination centers they claim are schools (that's state btw).

They have no right to forcefully take what is mine. Just as I have no right to take what is theirs.

You are relying on the government ***. Before long it will fail you.

Good to know that the government that was formed and took on the greatest military the world had ever known, defeated them for our independence, and then set up and economic model that allowed for us to have the strongest economy the world and allowed for you to have the opportunities you do have today... didn't put any hours in.

They did put human lives into the independence and preservation of this country and the economic model that allows us individual success though.

#23 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,005 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:24 PM

no shiat.

#24 twylyght

twylyght

The picture of how I care

• HUDDLER
  • 2,561 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 04:27 AM

GTFO. If you stole from me and also provided me with infrastructure; public education; national defense, police, and fire services; medicare; social security; unemployment insurance; parks; libraries, museums, and historical preservation; sanitation and waste removal; investment in life-changing and life-saving technologies; etc. then I wouldn't prosecute you and send you to prison.

crazy thought, i know.... what if i just keep what i make and THEN invest in those things IF i actually want them? then if i actually want them, i get a say in how they implemented? me being able to decide what to do with my own money. what a concept!

#25 CatofWar

CatofWar

Join, or Die

• HUDDLER
  • 3,477 posts
  • LocationGitmo

Posted 10 November 2012 - 07:46 AM

Nice try. I know you're not that stupid.

#26 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• ALL-PRO
  • 8,714 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 10:41 AM

Government agencies know how to spend my money effectively.

Said no one ever....

#27 King

King

A Cell of Awareness

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 11:55 AM

GTFO. If you stole from me and also provided me with infrastructure; public education; national defense, police, and fire services; medicare; social security; unemployment insurance; parks; libraries, museums, and historical preservation; sanitation and waste removal; investment in life-changing and life-saving technologies; etc. then I wouldn't prosecute you and send you to prison.

So the ends justify the means?

#28 King

King

A Cell of Awareness

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 12:04 PM

False dichotomy. He didn't say we were swimming in rivers of wine and roses.

The economy was definitely less vulnerable prior to the Fed. Recessions never were as bad as they got after the progressive movement of the early 1900s.

#29 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,384 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:46 AM

if you consume government goods and services, you have agreed to the social contract.

end of story, you dumb libertarians.

i don't dispute or mind goods and services. but when my money continues to get taxed and i look around at the QUALITY of said goods and services, what am i to do/say?

vote

preferably for a politician who does not actively subvert government by "starving the beast" while wasting trillions on military spending. since this statement describes both of the major political parties, you might want to try becoming more active in primaries; take the ronpaul approach (without the overt racism and weird conspiracy theories of course) and become active during the primaries.

#30 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:33 AM

Bring back the Articles of Confederation!

But you are really that worried that worried about income taxes, why not move somewhere without them? Here are some good options, especially if you can speak arabic.

United Arab Emirates
Qatar
Oman
Kuwait
Cayman Islands
Bahrain
Bermuda

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com