Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kevin Greene

2012 Los Angeles Lakers Thread

470 posts in this topic

I think he will get back close to what he was just because he's Kobe and nobody wants it more. I just don't think he'll be there for at least a year....

So whats the move here for the Lakers? Do you try to contend for a title next year or trade Gasol for players/ picks/ cap space?

I can't see Kobe coming back and not being the same. I know that realistically the chances of him not missing a beat are slim, but it's Kobe... I will NEVER net against him. He'll be back.

Also, I'm pretty sure that most Lakers fans haven't been talking championship for awhile and Kobe's injury is not why.. should probably look at the team's injuries as a whole.

So whats the move here for the Lakers? Do you try to contend for a title next year or trade Gasol for players/ picks/ cap space?

They need to focus on getting younger and more athletic whether D'Antoni is the coach or not. Pau will be moved on Draft night IMO. Also , sorry KT but this poo is funny.....

post-644-0-92966300-1365893290_thumb.jpg

#Kobe Bryant@KobeBryant:

Dr executing a flawless procedure. At my direction, he's replacing the tendon with gazelles to give a little extra bounce. We are about 45 minutes in and all's going well. Doc complained a little about having to do the surgery while I'm working out on the elliptical, but I told him to just calm down and execute.

#Mamba out

Haha at least he's in good spirits....

Sucks for Kobe, but works out great for Lakers fans. When LeBron is hoisting up another championship this year, the excuse will be that it was because Kobe got hurt.

Sucks for Kobe, but works out great for Laker haters who can somehow use a Players ruptured Achilles to try and twist a knife in Laker Fans backs.

You stay classy as always.

2 people like this

Gasol has made it clear he wants to play where his status is more stable. I think a feasible trade would be with MIN where he could play with fellow Spaniard Ricky Rubio and in turn we get back UCLA alumn Kevin Love.

Gasol has made it clear he wants to play where his status is more stable. I think a feasible trade would be with MIN where he could play with fellow Spaniard Ricky Rubio and in turn we get back UCLA alumn Kevin Love.

I will never say never when it comes to Mitch, but I'm not sure if we could do a Gasol for Love swap. It would be amazing if we could, although I would miss Gasol a bunch.

I will never say never when it comes to Mitch, but I'm not sure if we could do a Gasol for Love swap. It would be amazing if we could, although I would miss Gasol a bunch.

Love was hurt this entire season, his value is nowhere near what it was before the start. Also he's made it known that he has no intention of staying in MN long term if they don't make a playoff push, so while unlikely, it wouldn't be entirely shocking to me.....

If Pau is moved, personally I'd rather go for bad expiring contracts paired with 1st round draft picks.

In 2014 the Lakers will have virtually no contracts on the books unless Dwight signs long term.

We'll need youth, and have a total salary cap number to spend in the FA market.

I still can't get over this Kobe injury though... hard to think about basketball right now, but it looks like we're going to be signing Andrew Goudelock.

If there's any thing that's good news, however, it's that it seems like Dwight and Pau finally figured out how to play together. Kobe, Dwight, and Pau have been dominating the last handful of games.