37 replies to this topic

#31 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,614 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:59 PM

As of right now, statistically speaking, we are ranked 28th in avg. points against and 10th in avg. points for (ahead of Boston and LA, mind you). That's against some pretty good defenses as well. We're firing on offense. We tighten down on defense and we're looking at finishing the season at above .500 (assuming the offense at least stays where it is). We're also 8th in rebounds.

Honestly, if we can pull it off, it's hard to not want to make the playoffs if our defense can get more middle ground rather than bad (and really, if it wasn't for two really bad games on defense where we gave up like, 126 and 118, in back-to-back games, we would be higher).

#32 cavic7585

cavic7585

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:57 PM

Im not worried about getting a top 3-4 pick. Honestly I dont know if the franchise could take another gutpunch like last year. I think we already have our guy in MKG and if kemba could just get consistent we will be good at guard. Im still holding out for biz, i really like the guy and his work ethic.....maybe at least he could be a solid rotaional guy for us if things dont work out. Hendo is who he is imo....a good SG.

Regardless I feel good because cho has made good moves since he has been here. We are also about to have alot of cap room coming up that he can play with.

#33 bLACKpANTHER

bLACKpANTHER

º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º

• HUDDLER
  • 2,794 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:50 PM

I think winning is the best thing for this team. Getting a top 5 pick is great, but this team needs Ws. Just get thant stink of last year off.

#34 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,397 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:32 PM

I don't understand wanting to lose for the benefit of the draft. To me, that's the ultimate pussy play, a true loser mentality.

#35 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,929 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:56 PM

I don't understand wanting to lose for the benefit of the draft. To me, that's the ultimate pussy play, a true loser mentality.

Because the draft is basically the only way for a small market team to compete (hell, even some larger markets). And a top 3 pick is much much much more valuable than a pick in the 10-20 range.

The NBA is a star driven league and almost all the big stars go at the top of the draft. It is what it is

#36 Wanderlai

Wanderlai

• HUDDLER
  • 2,890 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:53 AM

No star free agents will come here. Knowing that, your left to either draft or develop a star. If your not in the top 1-3 picks in the lottery then finding a franchise player is tough. Choe knows what hes doing so thats a huge plus. Winning the lottery this year or better next season would turn this team into a contender like the Thunder.

#37 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 11,918 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:26 AM

I agree with you guys saying we don't need a top pick. I mean if we are already a winning team then why do we need a top 5 pick? OF course it would be awesome to add another very young talented player to the line up, but if we already have a winning team there is really no need. Cho will continue to make the right trades and sign the right free agents to make us a winning team. He is a genius when it comes to that stuff. Look at where it has already gotten us in the short time he has been in charge.

#38 Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:50 AM

let's not get carried away here....the teams we've been beating have been missing their best
players. It's a long season, and youthful energy usually hits a wall in February.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users