Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Are the silver pants at home history?

58 posts in this topic

Posted

Pretty much agree. What is your thoughts on what will happen though?

Well, I think you'll probably start this topic again a few more times and get flamed for it.

Posted

I like the black. We at least looked good today, fashion wise. LOL.

Posted

ALL-BLACK PANTHERS: For the first time in franchise history, the Panthers wore black pants, a change that surprised players and treated fans to a new look.

"We've worn our white uniforms for the last five weeks and just recently got the black pants in," equipment manager Jackie Miles said. "The players did not even know we had them in stock."

Miles said the team planned on wearing the black pants for the final two home games of the season but decided to break them out after a two-game road trip.

In the days leading up to the game, Miles and his staff had the traditional silver pants hanging in the players' lockers, but arrived at the stadium early Sunday morning to switch the pants.

The option on whether to wear black or blue socks was left up to veteran wide receiver and team captain Steve Smith, who opted for blue in order to give the Panthers a more unique appearance.

"I really liked the way it looked," said Miles, noting that both the Jaguars and Saints featured an all-black look with black socks in their respective primetime games this past week.

"When the players showed up today and saw what was laid out, they were pretty excited," Miles said. "They were going crazy. They thought it was great and were very surprised."

Defensive end Charles Johnson said, "I'm not going to lie – I love it. It's a new thing, but, hopefully, we can keep doing it."

Fortunately for Johnson, Miles confirmed that the team would likely wear black pants again this season.

"I'll have to sit down with (President) Danny Morrison, and (Owner/Founder) Mr. Richardson will of course have to approve it, but I'm sure we'll wear them again."

1 person likes this

Posted

I guess we are just using the black pants as an alt. really want to see them with the blue tops and leave the silvers with the black tops alone. Best look in football

Posted

did anybody see the pic of Cam that CBS put up during the game? He was wearing the blue jersey and black pants. Looked pretty good.

Posted

did anybody see the pic of Cam that CBS put up during the game? He was wearing the blue jersey and black pants. Looked pretty good.

I think that's the only time we should wear the blacks, unless one game a year do a "black out" theme with the fans and wear black tops/black pants. I'd also try them on the road with the white tops too

Posted

2186044428_6576705557_o.jpgThis is the original uniform concept from 1993;

Posted

Or was today just a "once in a while" look?

kinda like the black jerseys them selves

Posted

Seriously. Personally I am more concerned with the product on the field then wtf the players are wearing.

Posted

anyone heard if the black pants are now the permanent primary set at home?

Posted

black > silver

Posted

They were awesome, I was hyped to see them after all these years of waiting... Much better than the silver pants. That being said, I would really like to see us go with the black socks when we wear them for now on.

1 person likes this