Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Citizens of multiple states create online petitions to secede from the US.

254 posts in this topic

Posted

Ahahahahahaha

You dumb

which part of that post do you wish to dispute?

it would take about as much propaganda to convince them to kill secessionist (see: treasonous) americans as it took to convince them to enlist to fight in illegal wars against countries that posed no threat to us in the first place. hey they might even give them a medal!

2 people like this

Posted

which part of that post do you wish to dispute?

it would take about as much propaganda to convince them to kill secessionist (see: treasonous) americans as it took to convince them to enlist to fight in illegal wars against countries that posed no threat to us in the first place. hey they might even give them a medal!

valid point.

Posted

I think gay people should join the secessionist movement because the US Constitution hasn't been amended to give them equal rights as citizens as the rest of the population.

I think women should join in the secessionist movement because the US Constitution doesn't guarantee them the right to do what they want with their own bodies.

Issues like that, big government should step in and overrule states' rights. Their inaction is a slap to the face of US citizens.

Can't give everyone equal rights, but can war the hell out of foreign countries.

I'm all for states' rights, but there are some issues that need to be federally mandated first.

Posted

I think you're pretty far from reality with the "most people" part.

But regardless, I could sign a petition that "Small government requires everyone shave their balls" but that doesn't actually make it small government, it just makes me a fuging idiot.

It wasn't that long ago that it was most people. In 45 states or whatever it's still most people. Obama was against gay marriage until they told him he needed to be for it.

I'm just saying, most wouldn't look at that as government controlling their lives. The only ones who would are gay people who are determined to be as miserable as the rest of the married people. ;)

Posted

good luck with getting this system to do anything more than pander to a voting block and then reneging on said promises

1 person likes this

Posted

They will if the Feds decide to take back, or have the states pay for any federally subsidized equipment or structures they have before they leave.

I'm talking about the individuals, not the states as a whole, not the legislatures ... the individuals.

Posted

yeah i'm sure the next time a hurricane hits everyone will eschew help in favor of pulling themselves up by their bootstraps

I'm talking about the individuals, not the states as a whole, not the legislatures ... the individuals.

Posted

unfortunately, modern states seceding from the union would be much like the huddle seceding from the internet.

Posted

The secession petitions have nothing to do with wanting the government out of people's lives, and everything to do with sour grapes over losing.

I think you take a lot for granted, and thinking you know what really is going on in people's minds is quite arrogant.

1 person likes this

Posted

Wow, this has really escalated quickly.

Posted

I am too. If those states have to reimburse the Feds for everything the feds subsidized, and/or replace everything the Feds take back, you think taxes are gonna drop for them?

Posted

I am too. If those states have to reimburse the Feds for everything the feds subsidized, and/or replace everything the Feds take back, you think taxes are gonna drop for them?

It's called personal responsibility.

If the people didn't think that the government was there to bail them out, do you think that folks would be a little more prepared?

1 person likes this