Keep Pounding

Smith & Wesson 460

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,760 posts
  • LocationIn your backyard!!!!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:34 PM

Posted Image

The real question, can NFL coaches, coach in the PAC?

#17 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,568 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:42 PM

so what exactly do you have against college coaches other than Steve spurrier? Saban wasn't even that bad and peterinos just an idiot

They rarely succeed in the NFL.

Carroll had 15 years of NFL experience before Seattle. He also ran a real offense at USC.

Harbaugh has just working his way to the NFL, everyone knew that's where he would wind up, he also ran a pro offense.

Schiano is half way thru his first season, too early to judge.

#18 GoCarolina8990

GoCarolina8990

All Day

• HUDDLER
  • 2,559 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:47 PM

Over time I am beginning to love the idea of Chip Kelly, Bwood has been saying it for quite sometime. He is really something at Oregon and I believe he would be a fantastic NFL head coach, I say bring em in I'm on the bandwagon now

#19 beach

beach

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • 8,971 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:53 PM

Posted Image

The real question, can NFL coaches, coach in the PAC?

He's doing good on the recruiting end. Next year will be telling if UCLA is going in the right direction.

The good news is it should be perfect timing if Cam flakes out to grab Hundley in 2016 (JOKE)

#20 Keith Moons Liver

Keith Moons Liver

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,587 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:55 PM

They rarely succeed in the NFL.

Most coaches don't succeed in the NFL regardless of origin. Being an NFL head coach is really, really tough.

#21 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,568 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:10 PM

Personally I don't care where they come from if the can get the job done, I'm just very skeptical about college coaches using us as their test run. If they've coached in the NFL before I feel better about it, but to me Kelly looks to be the proto-typical college coach who runs a gimmick offense that just won't succeed at the NFL level.

#22 GSO_Pantherz

GSO_Pantherz

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 941 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:03 PM

It probably wouldn't work in the NFL. But as someone else said, Chip Kelly is smart enough to realize this. He would have to incorporate some of what he does at Oregon into a NFL offense. I believe he can do this.

#23 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,613 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:11 PM

Kelly's offense (unlike Chud's) runs the ball with his RBs very effectively...and they aren't gimmicky runs. They are well blocked runs. If it came down to another coordinator or Chip Kelly then I'd take Kelly. HC experience matters...especially with this QB.

#24 il Malocchio

il Malocchio

formerly j2sgam...

• HUDDLER
  • 4,010 posts
  • Locationtryin to figure it out...

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:14 PM

I dont know much about him other than a few articles posted here. Would Kelly take an OC position or straight to HC, no questions asked?

#25 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,598 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:19 PM

I dont know much about him other than a few articles posted here. Would Kelly take an OC position or straight to HC, no questions asked?

I don't think he comes to the NFL as an OC. He's a pretty hot item ATM. He'll get a HC job off jump street.

#26 Dash Global

Dash Global

• HUDDLER
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:06 AM

I am not a fan of the option based offense.

I would rather have a NE, NO, or GB type passing attack.

The best person for that would be Kevin Summlin. He has made all his QB's look like All Universe

With that said, id rather have Kelly than Rivera.

#27 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • 5,623 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:28 AM

Recently jumped on the Kelly bandwagon (watched the last Oregon game and realized that the jet sweeps and read options are really the only differences between his offense and an NFL offense). He runs a lot of really basic plays that you'd see in ANY offense that has a shotgun package. Also some singleback.

Look at it this way. Cam's playcalling at Auburn is VERY similar to what Kelly does now. Just saying, is all. Cam could pick that poo up quick. And I think Kelly would allow him to actually use ALL of his abilities rather than just one or the other. Also, our runningbacks would FINALLY get a fuging workout on game days.

#28 Bwood

Bwood

It's all about the

• HUDDLER
  • 2,491 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:35 AM

Recently jumped on the Kelly bandwagon (watched the last Oregon game and realized that the jet sweeps and read options are really the only differences between his offense and an NFL offense). He runs a lot of really basic plays that you'd see in ANY offense that has a shotgun package. Also some singleback.

Look at it this way. Cam's playcalling at Auburn is VERY similar to what Kelly does now. Just saying, is all. Cam could pick that poo up quick. And I think Kelly would allow him to actually use ALL of his abilities rather than just one or the other. Also, our runningbacks would FINALLY get a fuging workout on game days.

Solid post. People will slowly realize he's the perfect fit.

#29 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • 5,623 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 02:16 AM

Oh, and speed-lovers....guys like Joe Adams, Gettis, Smitty, Armanti, Pilares, Williams, Stew, Cam.....they would have the ball in their hands often and on any given play. And the utilization of a TE in Kelly's system is BIG (Colt Lyeria, the Ducks TE, has 17 catches for 266 yards with a 48 yard long and 6 TDs. 3rd leading receiver on the team right now...and that's with rotating in 3 or 4 OTHER TEs throughout the season)...and we have one of the best receiving TEs in the league.

Just saying....

#30 44johnson

44johnson

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 02:18 AM

interesting article

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: New Coach, Panthers, Spread Fail ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.