Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Black Ops II

29 posts in this topic

Posted

So far Im loving BO2. Bought it last night, and have been playing all day.

The battle axe is fuging awesome. The laser sight is fugging awesome. Only map I don't care for is Express. Favorite weapons so far would be the FAL, and the Vektor. I haven't played Zombies or Campaign mode yet so don't have an opinion on that yet.

Posted

The crossbow is badass. I have unlocked all the attachments on it, and with the Dual Band scope and the Tri-bolt attached it is a very deadly weapon.

Posted

I played for like 2 days, got bored, went back to Guild Wars 2 and Diablo 3. Need to fire it up. It may be an ebay resell for me soon though :( Think I'm just bored with the series.

Posted

Servers are horrible, but the game is good. The lag that you get stuck playing in really makes this game hard to play sometimes. You gotta love that you have to play on a worse connection then what you pay for, thanks Lag Ops

There are no servers.

Posted

BTW...an interesting new addition to the game is the Black Hat. It's a piece of equipment that lets you hack enemy equipment and care packages. Combine that with the Engineer perk and let the hilarity ensue. You can also hack friendly care packages.

Posted

Ran into my first problem this morning. Can't get into any domination matches...which is pretty much all I play. I'm a sad panda.

Posted

Keep reviews of this coming, please. I am split dead even between MoH:Warfighter and BO2. Hearing great things out of MoH, as far as maps and game quality. Doesn't look visually as good as BO2, but it supposedly plays more realistic and more fun in general as far as online play is concerned. But BO2 is starting to impress me, just watching videos and hearing people talk.

Posted

Keep reviews of this coming, please. I am split dead even between MoH:Warfighter and BO2. Hearing great things out of MoH, as far as maps and game quality. Doesn't look visually as good as BO2, but it supposedly plays more realistic and more fun in general as far as online play is concerned. But BO2 is starting to impress me, just watching videos and hearing people talk.

I would recommend getting it. I thought after MW3 I had lost interest in the series, but I have a new found love. Another tidbit: when you prestige, you get a permanent unlock token so you can permanently unlock a weapon for use even after prestiging.

Posted

I would recommend getting it. I thought after MW3 I had lost interest in the series, but I have a new found love. Another tidbit: when you prestige, you get a permanent unlock token so you can permanently unlock a weapon for use even after prestiging.

They definitely did a good thing with the way they handled prestige. Before there really wasn't any point to it other than getting a challenge. Now you actually don't feel that penalized. You still have to unlock the individual weapons and perks (unless you use a prestige token to unlock permanently), but the weapon accessories remain. i.e. you have to unlock the weapon again but you can immediately start using the accessories you already had unlocked (unless you choose to prestige the weapon itself, which you can).

I've played enough now that I'm used to the maps, and I can say that they are very well designed. Something here for everybody whatever type of gameplay you prefer.

Posted

They definitely did a good thing with the way they handled prestige. Before there really wasn't any point to it other than getting a challenge. Now you actually don't feel that penalized. You still have to unlock the individual weapons and perks (unless you use a prestige token to unlock permanently), but the weapon accessories remain. i.e. you have to unlock the weapon again but you can immediately start using the accessories you already had unlocked (unless you choose to prestige the weapon itself, which you can).

I've played enough now that I'm used to the maps, and I can say that they are very well designed. Something here for everybody whatever type of gameplay you prefer.

Are there some decent sized maps? I felt like basically all the maps on MW3 were small. Even the ones that seemed big, they weren't really that big because half the map was just a big building or a series of big buildings in the middle of the map.

Posted

Map size comparison by FPS games:

1 to 10 scale, 1 being small, 10 being large.

10= Arma2

6-7(for largest maps)= BF3

2-2.5= MoH:WF

1.5-2= COD:BO2

I skipped several COD titles along the way, so I can't compare/contrast with MW3.

ETA: I'm only referring to Multiplayer

Posted

Will also add:

I have Warfighter and BO2, and I'm still split even on them. Both have unique draws and flaws, but I enjoy both.

ETA: I'm only referring to Multiplayer