Photo
- - - - -

I'm pro choice and always have been, but...

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#31 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:54 AM

You may be reading too much into it. It assumes that we all get excited when we find out there's a bacterium on Mars, because life on Mars excites us, even if it's just a microbe.

Then they are saying why can't we be so excited about the life of an unborn child down here.

I realize it's apples and oranges, but the contrast does make you think. Because a lot of us DO take life for granted on this planet.

I'm still pro choice, by the way. But the way they put it made me look at it in a new light is all.

is the issue "life" or "human life?" because we kill the shiat out of almost everything on our own planet without giving it a second thought.

#32 FurdTurgason

FurdTurgason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:02 AM

is the issue "life" or "human life?" because we kill the shiat out of almost everything on our own planet without giving it a second thought.

Like I said, apples and oranges. That being said, we get awfully excited about a microbe on Mars. Scientists were going crazy over the first rock that thing found, giving it a name and everything. (the name was Yogi)

#33 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,819 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:03 AM

Like I said, apples and oranges. That being said, we get awfully excited about a microbe on Mars. Scientists were going crazy over the first rock that thing found, giving it a name and everything. (the name was Yogi)

Well... finding life on another planet besides Earth is a pretty big fuging deal imo...

#34 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:07 AM

what biscuit said... finding life on another planet would be an extremely big deal and doesn't mutually exclude anything that you're talking about.

#35 FurdTurgason

FurdTurgason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:52 AM

We're talking a bacterium.

#36 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:13 AM

We're talking a bacterium.

i'm not sure what this means.

#37 FurdTurgason

FurdTurgason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:16 AM

i'm not sure what this means.

Life on Mars = a bacterium

#38 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,819 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:19 AM

Where are you going with this?

Does it matter what kind of life we find on another planet? If any kind of life is out there, that means we are not alone and other planets have the potential to support us.

#39 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:19 AM

it's incredibly important whether or not you think it is.

#40 FurdTurgason

FurdTurgason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:24 AM

Sigh. You are missing the point. We get all excited about a BACTERIUM on Mars, a freaking bacterium, something you can't even see with the naked eye. But a fetus with a heartbeat....not so much.

Again, I get that it's not apples and oranges. It just made me think how we take life for granted here on Earth. That's all. Don't read into it more than that.

#41 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:42 AM

Sigh. You are missing the point. We get all excited about a BACTERIUM on Mars, a freaking bacterium, something you can't even see with the naked eye. But a fetus with a heartbeat....not so much.

Again, I get that it's not apples and oranges. It just made me think how we take life for granted here on Earth. That's all. Don't read into it more than that.

people don't get excited about abortion? could've fooled me.

#42 FurdTurgason

FurdTurgason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:58 AM

As a concept, yes. Day to day? No.

#43 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:03 PM

As a concept, yes. Day to day? No.

day to day people care more about space exploration than abortion?

oh yea. good point.

#44 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,819 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:07 PM

Abortion doesn't affect me personally at all... and I suspect that's why it gets less of a reaction from most people.

I can't imagine a way that abortion would personally affect me now. My wife ain't having no more kids and even if we did by accident (and trust me, it would be a huge freaking accident) abortion wouldn't be an option. My wife wouldn't have one even if her life was in imminent danger, she just wouldn't.

Space exploration on the other hand has the potential to affect our entire species.

#45 FurdTurgason

FurdTurgason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:11 PM

day to day people care more about space exploration than abortion?

oh yea. good point.

Thank you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.