#31 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,022 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:32 AM

As with Peppers...

... a losing team attitude drives winners to turn inward...

Carolina Panthers est. 1995

#32 mwright350

mwright350

Thy Jimmies shall be Rustled

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationChina Grove, NC

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:34 AM

People need to understand that there is a difference between being vocal during the game / having a good attitude in your press conference after the game and sitting alone on the bench or brooding during the game / bitching in the presser after it. During the game is the time to channel that hatred of losing into trying to push / motivate the players around you, not for sitting by yourself on the bench brooding. They should also get a line on what most of the fans who don't blindly dislike a player no matter what actually want instead of parroting the frothing ravings of the minority.

I want him to act like a professional AFTER the game (an area where he has made strides lately, to his credit) but I would probably piss myself with excitement if I saw him being vocal with his teammates on the sideline during the game. The day I see him with his OLine huddled or one-on-one with a receiver to get on the same page I will stop what I'm doing and do shots of joy. I believe most everyone else here with an ounce of realistic in them feels the same way.

This team is clearly starved for player leadership. I've said over and over again that Cam CAN be a good leader and just isn't now. No time like the present to start.

And to those of you who want to tell us that Cam is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't / will be vilified no matter how he acts. Let's assume you're right for a moment. If that's the case and there's a media shitstorm coming no matter his actions why not try to do the right thing instead of the wrong thing? The only thing that really matters is how his locker room and coaches think - the raving lunatic hater fans and the talking heads can be damned.

#33 Actionman0z

Actionman0z

Strong Member

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:38 AM

Nah, sulking on the bench is just as good. Right?

But he is the face of the franchise and 5 TD's and 9 INT's 3 for TD's is GOAT!!!!

#34 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,199 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:38 AM

watch auburn games from when cam was there.

the guy was hyped up and motivating everyone all game, even when they were behind.

he essentially willed that team to win many times. they came back because of the cam effect on team morale.

i haven't seen any of that and it's disappointing because i know he's capable of it.

#35 Actionman0z

Actionman0z

Strong Member

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:47 AM

He just did it with his athletic play, not with any actual leadership ability... he can barely speak English.

#36 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 10,186 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:51 AM

Peyton cussing out his lineman has been on Sound FX numerous times. This is when he was with the Colts. Peyton calling out teammates (Vanderjagt, his line) is not a new thing. Cameron is not privileged like a "good old boy" Peyton to have his flaws minimized. If he calls out a teammate, specifically guys like Olsen or his linemen, they will be the victim.

See, where this goes way over your head. People are talking about sidelines, during the game. You keep assuming press conferences.

#37 nctarheel0619

nctarheel0619

• HUDDLER
  • 2,259 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:55 AM

the guy was hyped up and motivating everyone all game, even when they were behind.

he essentially willed that team to win many times. they came back because of the cam effect on team morale.

i haven't seen any of that and it's disappointing because i know he's capable of it.

Real talk Mr. Rayzor. Real talk.

#38 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,199 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:06 AM

See, where this goes way over your head. People are talking about sidelines, during the game. You keep assuming press conferences.

i don't care about press conferences. they ultimately don't matter and i wish that they didn't make it a contractual obligation for players to talk to them.

how the media perceives cam newton or how other players on other teams or how other fans doesn't matter at all.

the only thing that matters is the effect he has on the team and how he's viewed.

i think he's done great at showing to others how someone with a solid work ethic and a drive for excellence puts more time in. i think he's been a good example of how to demand the best from yourself and not make excuses.

where he's failed, tho, and this isn't all his fault, is that cam is on an island.

he's separate and apart from the rest of the team. he puts it all on his shoulders to win. he puts all the pressure on himself. what has happened is instead of firing others up who might feel defeated and telling them to get their heads out of their asses, he needs fired up because he feels he's let people down and he's ended up with his own head up his own ass.

i'm not sure what can be done to turn it around and maybe it is just a sophomore slump funk and he'll be back on it next year. maybe it's something that having a HC that knows how to properly manage a team and get the team's psyche in a good direction will be able to do. maybe it's something that his dad will help him overcome.

i don't know what it will take. i don't care. i just know that he's not the guy he was at auburn and if he's going to be able to live up to his potential and if he's going to be able to help this team be a winning team, he's got to get back to that point.

he's got to focus less on himself and more on the team around him. he's not going to be that guy that gets everyone pissed off and starts cussing them all. he's going to be the one that instills confidence in the players around him that they can beat anyone at any time on any field.

he's not a peyton manning, nor does he need to be. he just needs to be good at motivating the people around him the way that comes (or came) naturally to him at auburn.

#39 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,647 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:09 AM

I am so fuging tired of every fuging thig Cam does on the sideline being analyzed. He is a kid that has had this poo organization dropped on his shoulders. Is hang my fuging head too if I had so much thrown my way.

I hope the next staff has more patience and hope and tutoring than the current staff has implemented.

Fans forget, mainly b/c of last season, that Cam was/is a project. He needs help. He isn't getting it.

#40 salafi73

salafi73

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:10 AM

Nah, sulking on the bench is just as good. Right?

Why in every thread do you find a need to knock Cam?

#41 Iceberg Slim

Iceberg Slim

Keep it 100

• HUDDLER
  • 2,087 posts
  • Locationwhatcha worried about it for

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:22 AM

Based on how I see people demonize Cam, I have a lot more sympathy for Eli Manning....geez he is damned if does or damned if he doesn't......

#42 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:42 AM

Why in every thread do you find a need to knock Cam?

In threads about Cam I am being honest that Cam is not playing well and needs to improve.

Why is that an issue?

#43 Keith Moons Liver

Keith Moons Liver

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:42 AM

Cam needs work, no doubt. I'm extremely critical of him at times too, albeit quietly. But stop acting like he should have the mentality of a 15-year vet. Jesus people.

Stop lowering your expectations. Everyone expects growing pains, but that's not grounds for excusing everything he does wrong on the basis of him being too young. I feel like half our roster consists of guys who aren't very good but the huddle insists it's okay because they are young or were drafted late. The coaches, fans, and most importantly Cam himself should expect more than that. It's the only way he will be able to improve to eventually get to that point. Criticizing him, even loudly, is not the same as hating on him or wanting to get rid of him. It's possible to think that he's not very good right now but still to think he's our QB of the future.

#44 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 26,270 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:54 AM

I think that speaks volumes about the culture and enviroment in Carolina......one that Cam pretty much talked about from day 1. Losing and sucking is generally accepted within the organization. Maybe we simply don't have guys who will follow Cam. Hurney also spoke on the general topic.

Roster needs to be completed gutted. All old guys like Gross and Smith....need the boot. THOSE are our "leaders". Cam doesn't want to follow what they have done here and do. He shouldn't. The old guys era is about being inconsistant and having excuses every other year. I think that is the real issue in terms of leadership and Cam's role.

Cam has been bashed for his take on how things should go. Losing shouldn't be accepted. No need to learn to be a good loser. He pretty much is alone in that w/ the old guard and so called leaders.

#45 nosuchthingasapanther

nosuchthingasapanther

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,643 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:10 PM

No second year QB can go in boss mode like that.

that's what the bengals coaching staff is demanding from dalton right now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com