Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

stirs

Good job unions (Hot Cross Puns)

108 posts in this topic

Bankruptcy is what happens due to ongoing concessions that can't be met.

Like I asked earlier. Now that this has happened what does the union have in place to take care of the workers going forward?

Unions pizzed at each other. All other unions negotiated, but this particular one decided to just strike. Left the other workers hung out to dry.

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/59065_10151315904196153_630530638_n.png

Better vulture capitalists and management get what they can while they can off the backs of the employees....the actual philosophy

Hey you. With the facts. Stop it.

I think 92 percent of the bakers union voted against the contract, am I right? That would tell you that whatever "concessions" they wanted were not worth it to hardly any of them, even though they knew losing their jobs was a possibility. Hostess has been on it's last legs for many many years because they make products not enough people want anymore.

What happened to the puns? :(

This thread was much batter with them.

This seems easy. What are the unions plans for the out of work workers now? Was that part of prior talks/concessions?

I think 92 percent of the bakers union voted against the contract, am I right? That would tell you that whatever "concessions" they wanted were not worth it to hardly any of them, even though they knew losing their jobs was a possibility. Hostess has been on it's last legs for many many years because they make products not enough people want anymore.

So going from getting something to getting nothing is the right call? Since they were on strike, they might not even be elegible for unemployment. How about keep working for less money, and meanwhile start looking for something else? That seems rational. What the bakers union did was irrational. They made the teamsters look smart by comparison, and that takes some doing.

When you dont rise to the occasion, business falls flat.

are we trying to reheat this thread?

Wow, CEO tripled his own pay all while convincing most of the population that him running the company into the ground was the fault of the labor.

I bet he could convince 90% of the Tinderbox to let him bang their wives too.

Wow, CEO tripled his own pay all while convincing most of the population that him running the company into the ground was the fault of the labor.

I would probably strike at that point.

its called breaking the union. only way in many cases is to just run the comp into the ground. its dumb and spiteful but both sides do it to themselves time and again.