Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NH House votes down gay marriage bill because of religious liberty protection clause

57 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

This is going the exact direction I knew it would.

Anyone that's against that provision is about destroying church's that don't abide by the homosexual agenda.

I'd asked you Zod if the Jewish Orthodox church should be forced to marry a jew and gentile...some wouldn't allow it. They are a race. And you know...religion IS a protected civil right. What you screw isn't.

Separation of church and state doesn't mean separation of church FROM the state...it's both ways.

You are at least 5 steps behind in the argument. Let me know when you catch up.

Posted · Report post

that is in essence government sponsored discrimination.

Yep

You think that because they don't pay taxes for the church that no one does? Whose taxes pay for the street lights, the roads, the traffic cops, the land surveys, etc. Yours and mine do.

Should you have to pay for all that to be done for an organization that just discriminated against you?

Nope.

Let them pay their own taxes and discriminate all they want.

Posted · Report post

Take it up with Democrat gov Lynch.

Posted · Report post

Like any entity that builds on land, churches must make the required road/utility/land improvements and pay for it themselves. If NCDOT tells them they need to add turn lanes and a traffic light, they have to pay for it.

Trust me.

And I'm pretty sure traffic cops tend to be off-duty cops that churches hire. It isn't a public service.

Posted · Report post

Do they pay for their own police in case of break in and fire departments?

Posted · Report post

I'm gonna have to go with the idea that churches have to follow their own rules on this one.

I however do not understand the need to write this into the law - it's kind of a given as is, and who would want to get married by a church that does not want them? The additional language is unneeded, and could be used at a later date for some oddball unrelated reason.

Posted · Report post

Do they pay for their own police in case of break in and fire departments?

Do other non-profits ?

Posted · Report post

I'm gonna have to go with the idea that churches have to follow their own rules on this one.

I however do not understand the need to write this into the law - it's kind of a given as is, and who would want to get married by a church that does not want them? The additional language is unneeded, and could be used at a later date for some oddball unrelated reason.

Some lobbys have empty pockets to lawyer a church into debt. It's extortion in a sense. I hate the law has to be there...but I see why they see the need to do it.

Posted · Report post

Do other non-profits ?

Nope, but if they discriminate they should no longer be non profit.

Posted · Report post

an organization should not be allowed to be tax exempt and discriminate at the same time. that is in essence government sponsored discrimination.

You mean like....black colleges?

Posted · Report post

You mean like....black colleges?

You think no whites go to black colleges?

Posted · Report post

You think no whites go to black colleges?

Do you think those whites are not discriminated against ?