41 replies to this topic

#16 Chimera

Chimera

Membrane

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,009 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:56 AM

Cards game. Or Titans game. Or this season's Bears game.

I'm embarrassed to say it's taken me this long, but I am now fully on the fire Rivera bandwagon.

It wasn't until like week 13 before I checked out emotionally in 2010. I never did in 2011. This season, it was the Seattle game.
I don't think I would care if we won out the rest of the season. In fact, I'd probably say they're idiots for giving up a good draft pick. Just hurry and send Rivera to the unemployment line.

I've seen greater desire to win in nerds playing solitaire on windows.

#17 buxter

buxter

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:28 AM

Cards game. Or Titans game. Or this season's Bears game.

I'm embarrassed to say it's taken me this long, but I am now fully on the fire Rivera bandwagon.

I'd vote that you Cats keep Rivera.... much in the same way you wished the Bucs had kept Raheem Morris.

It's fair to say that since the coaches don't take snaps, some of the burden must fall on the players too. They just didn't make the plays when they had to.

#18 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,567 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:34 AM

I just knew we would find a way to lose this game. I wasn't confident at all. Even with a good lead with little time left

#19 Seal (SmittyIsOurSavior)

Seal (SmittyIsOurSavior)

Jesus Shuttlesworth

• HUDDLER
  • 5,834 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:39 AM

I don't even feel bad anymore, I've become numb to it all. The Falcons loss really sucked though.

#20 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 7,328 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:12 AM

I was much lower after the first game or the Falcons or Giants. I realize they are not good now and I bothers me less each week now

#21 Guest_Tom Cat_*

Guest_Tom Cat_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:32 AM

Really doesnt effect me that much anymore - I have given up on this season - any time we win will be an unexpected gift.

#22 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 19,551 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:37 AM

The Giants game I felt the lowest. That's when I knew we were screwed not only for this year but as a franchise.

#23 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 6,945 posts
  • LocationWherever I May Roam

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:03 AM

The Cardinals loss was tough to watch and even more difficult to figure out what the coaches were thinking during that debacle. So that opened the door for me.

The Jerry Richardson-led lockout got one foot out the door and this season got both feet out the door. I'm really done with the team now that I no longer have to attend and no longer have a financial interest in the organization. It should be much easier to change the channel and watch a better game, but I'm not immune to watching train wrecks, either. In that respect, yesterday was comical.

I'd be very interested to know just how many PSL owners have dropped a letter in the mail expressing their complete and utter displeasure with the organization. I know a guy who owns seats close to where mine were who did just this back in 2001-2002 and JR asked him to have lunch with him. Somehow, I'm not thinking that's something JR would entertain anymore.

#24 CLTPanther

CLTPanther

This Space for Rent

• HUDDLER
  • 4,948 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:07 AM

I feel fine. Been emotionally detached since like week 3. Give it a shot, you'll feel much better on Sunday's.

#25 Dorian Gray

Dorian Gray

Gazing In The Mirror

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:26 AM

I didn't feel low at all afterwards because everyone I was watching it with (including myself) knew they'd lose. Less than a minute, needing to drive the length of the field with no timeouts, AND get the 2-point conversion, AND score a TD on the first possession of overtime? It's the Panthers, of course that was going to happen. I got angry after the Falcons game, but after this one I just busted out laughing, grabbed another beer, and changed the channel. I've emotionally checked out for this season.

#26 L-TownCat

L-TownCat

Baptized In The Blood Of Saints

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,296 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:08 AM

9/9/12
9/20/12
9/30/12
10/7/12
10/21/12
10/28/12
11/11/12

#27 Sweeneyman

Sweeneyman

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:26 AM

I actually left my house yesterday during the game, and had no intention of watching the rest of the game at all. Unfurtunately, the game was also on TV at my destination.

I am numb.

#28 Khaki Lackey

Khaki Lackey

I keeps it real

• HUDDLER
  • 2,524 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:42 AM

I think the high expectations some of us had makes this season feel worse than the previous 2.

I was thinking 8-8, I thought I was being conservative. No way would I have thought we would be not only worse than last year, but significantly worse.

#29 CF164

CF164

NEWB

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:11 PM

Kerry Collins running backwards and throwing the ball over his shoulder to avoid a sack.
Superbowl kickoff out of bounds.
Wondering week after week who continued to keep Delhomme in.
1 and 15.
The 6 yard punt this year.

Wide right yesterday on a kick my youngest Son could make.
Our special teams just aren't special.
Erratic play calling.
No adjustment to DE blitzes we can see in the upper deck.

At 6 minutes to go yesterday I stood up and yelled nobody leave,.............this game ain't over yet.

I own 6 PSL's.
We go to every home game and some travel games.
I worked on Stadium design from 1990.
This is my team.

I have never felt this low.

When 30% or more of the fans that show up are in the other teams colors, every game.
When it seems half the Stadium is empty in the 1st and 4th quarter.
When every game is a sellout, because we have to buy tickets per PSL agreement, where is the accountability?

We can produce substandard results and the business thrives.
Our coaches and players are superb athletes, but the chemistry is missing.
The other team seems to be in our huddle.

When a player can flop and get a flag,................with seconds to go like yesterday.
Personally I feel the "New Rules", voted on by Ownership have ruined the game.

Other businesses producing a product this bad go out of business.
But the PSL's and TV rights isolate our ownership from that.

I guess we fire the coach.
But this problem starts at the top, way above the coach.

This a systemic issue from the top down.
I am seriously considering just walking away from PSL's and finding some other way to waste my time and emotions.

#30 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

We dominated time of possession though!

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,692 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:16 PM

i'm being 100% serious when i say that the micro font helps better exemplify the pain of the things you described in your post cf164

i gave the fox regime one last chance after the cardinals blowout. opening day 2009 was the bellwether that led me to the belief that this franchise wasn't going to be good for the forseeable future.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com