• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 catfang

catfang

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,191 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:47 AM

One of my favorite holidays. Centered around food, family, and football. And beer.

This year I'm running in the Turkey Trot at Southpark. I've always wanted to do this, I'm doing the 8K. Build up a huge appetite and then go destroy some nice beers, turkey and stuffing (dressing, whatever). Staying close to home.

What wild plans for the day do ya'll have? Hope nobody's traveling, travel safe if you are.

#2 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:50 AM

7lbs of smoked prime rib, beer and football.

yessir.

#3 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,615 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:54 AM

Turkey at grandmas house. Then watching football with my dad.

#4 Kettle

Kettle

I'm Stainless.

• HUDDLER
  • 13,305 posts
  • LocationThe Brew Wing

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:56 AM

family, food, football, and beer. probably followed by a night cap of shine. all that combined will lead to the best sleep of the year.

#5 Mrs Pantherfan

Mrs Pantherfan

Lusting on Zod

• HUDDLER
  • 4,760 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:06 AM

I honestly hate it..... I have to go between two families..my family is boring and ultra right-wing... all they talk about is how Obama isn't really an American and in between the appetizers, main course and dessert..don't you worry...there will be plenty of racial slurs *sigh*

My husbands family is pretty cool..but I'm so full from going to my family's debacle that I can't start gulping wine to make it all go away

I tried so hard to "go out of town" this year to our families so I could just stay home and cook for once for just us...but NOOOOOO my stupid husband won't let me

I envy those of you who get to watch football and drink at home...I HATE YOU! :((

#6 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,490 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:10 AM

I honestly hate it..... I have to go between two families..my family is boring and ultra right-wing... all they talk about is how Obama isn't really an American and in between the appetizers, main course and dessert..don't you worry...there will be plenty of racial slurs *sigh*

My husbands family is pretty cool..but I'm so full from going to my family's debacle that I can't start gulping wine to make it all go away

I tried so hard to "go out of town" this year to our families so I could just stay home and cook for once for just us...but NOOOOOO my stupid husband won't let me

I envy those of you who get to watch football and drink at home...I HATE YOU! :((

Politics should be off limits at family gatherings. You should make a rule.

#7 catfang

catfang

• HUDDLER
  • 6,191 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:12 AM

Most of my family is pretty right-wing and universally hate Obama. Except my sister. Very liberal. As in, she lives in Chapel Hill liberal. She's very outspoken, won't hold her tongue, Throw in some alcohol and its like gasoline on a fire. Many family fueds/fights have erupted over this crap.

Long story short, politics is verboten now at family functions (like Floppin said). I demanded it at my wedding.

#8 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 13,952 posts
  • Location704

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:13 AM

going out tomorrow night getting crazy - GF is out of town this week, too!

#9 Mrs Pantherfan

Mrs Pantherfan

Lusting on Zod

• HUDDLER
  • 4,760 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:14 AM

seeing that we're outnumbered..I just sit there and keep my mouth shut. If I don't, I get brought into it....usually it's my Dad's ramen noodled haired girlfriend that starts all this poo...I would love to shove a turkey leg down her throat to shut her fat ass up

hey..at least I get a 4 day weekend! :) SHOPPING!

I will say...Christmas Day we do at my house..where if politics or religion come up ..i do say something b/c you're in my house...and you'll shut it or lose it .

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!! let's start drinking now

#10 Crixtala

Crixtala

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,677 posts
  • LocationAsheville

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:17 AM

my wife and i rented a cabin and a couple we know from Ohio are coming down

they got engaged last year at Biltmore when we were all up there for a concert on thanksgiving, so we're kind of making this a new tradition

going to Biltmore thanksgiving day and then going to Pack's Tavern for their huge thanksgiving buffet. spending the rest of the weekend up there eating, drinking and wandering around town

#11 catfang

catfang

• HUDDLER
  • 6,191 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:18 AM

seeing that we're outnumbered..I just sit there and keep my mouth shut. If I don't, I get brought into it....usually it's my Dad's ramen noodled haired girlfriend that starts all this poo...I would love to shove a turkey leg down her throat to shut her fat ass up

hey..at least I get a 4 day weekend! :) SHOPPING!

LOL, I have a perfect picture in my mind.

#12 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 16,564 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:19 AM

I don't mind sitting there while relatives discuss politics. Maybe that's because all of my opinions are perfect.

#13 Mrs Pantherfan

Mrs Pantherfan

Lusting on Zod

• HUDDLER
  • 4,760 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:20 AM

LOL, I have a perfect picture in my mind.

and it's probably spot on too!

#14 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,490 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:21 AM

None of my family talks politics. Thank god. It's usually some guest that tries to talk politics and shuts up pretty quickly when he realizes no one wants to indulge him in discussion.

#15 catfang

catfang

• HUDDLER
  • 6,191 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:23 AM

and it's probably spot on too!

Blonde or brunette?

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.