Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Senate bill rewrite lets feds read your e-mail without warrants

25 posts in this topic

Posted

http://news.cnet.com...=news&tag=title

SMH... More and more rights being stripped away... I really hope this isn't passed. If someone is suspected of criminal activity, get a warrant and search away - it's warranted and necessary, otherwise, they have no right to freely pry into people's personal lives.

AMEN!

Posted

I only speak personally for me, but I am all for it. I have nothing to hide in my E-Mail and if it helps Law enforcement that much more I am all for it.

So, why don't you also vote to let them come into your home anytime they want, without warning or cause.

That's just crazy talk. Crazy.

Posted

So, why don't you also vote to let them come into your home anytime they want, without warning or cause.

That's just crazy talk. Crazy.

Because I don't view someone reading my E-Mail, and someone walking into my household and looking around the same.

Posted

Because I don't view someone reading my E-Mail, and someone walking into my household and looking around the same.

Invasion of my privacy is invasion of my privacy ... period. To each his own, but I hope more people care about keeping the government OUT of our lives (and email) than don't care like you.

Posted

You dont seem to understand that we are ok with them doing that then what's next?? give an inch and they take a mile.. wake the fug up.

2 people like this

Posted

I just don't mind it.... I don't think they will pilfer through my E-Mail just for kicks.... But if something triggered and they thought I was linked to some crime I would not mind them doing so... My thought would be by having this available it would make their job that much easier when it comes to law enforcement duties.

I mean if someone in the CIA or something looked through my E-Mail, how will that effect my life? Hell I wouldn't even know they did. Just my .02 cents.... Like I said I 100% understand those who are not for it, therefore I don't push my opinions on anyone, I was just stating my feelings.

given the history of government, i'm not inclined to believe they'd be moral much less responsible with said powers.

that said, the idea of "big brother" existing as most people conceive it doesn't hold true. said investigations generally only happen when triggered by an event rather than a continual monitoring by an actual person(s). the vast majority of said investigations only involve actual people after a flag has been automatically raised due to a programmatic threshold or a warrant has been specifically ordered

Posted

The dude behind the rumors on this bill is the guy who originated the "Al Gore said he invited the internet" smear. The rewrite that includes the warrentless stuff is a draft document and isn't the one that's going to hearing,

Leahy: “The rumors ... are incorrect. Many have come forward with ideas for discussion before markup resumes on my bill to strengthen privacy protections. ... One of them, having to do with a warrant exception, is one that I have not supported and do not support.”

http://www.burlingto...sy-snares-Leahy

Posted

I'm about to send 500 emails filled with pictures of dicks to each of my email addresses with subjects such as "Are we still on for that suicide bombing Thursday bro?"

2 people like this

Posted

and you guys laugh at me when i post nothing but non sequiturs. aha, who is the crazy one now? they will look at my emails and have no idea what i have said. :lol:

1 person likes this

Posted

And yet, with all the authoritarian measures, even by the TSA's, NSA's, and other agency's own figures, not ONE terrorist (as defined by action, not by disapproving the status quo) has been caught as a result of wiretaps and privacy invasion.

If we could put security cameras on most street corners to help prevent & deter crime while helping to track down perpetrators I am all for that to.

you'd love martial law

1 person likes this

Posted

I only speak personally for me, but I am all for it. I have nothing to hide in my E-Mail and if it helps Law enforcement that much more I am all for it.

Spoken like a true slave! I am a free man, it's nobody's damn business what I write or who I am writing to.

1 person likes this

Posted

Said the slave...... smh