Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pantherfreak

Medlock Waived

152 posts in this topic

Hate it for Medlock, but he isn't a NFL caliber kicker. Kasay anyone?

No point in not trying Gano out. But unless he is incredible over the next few weeks, we should draft a kicker. Or sign a good one.

Dustin Hopkins would easily be worth a 5th round pick.

what? loll

So it's not the kicker's fault for kicking too low when he has a high number of blocks? 8 blocked? Really?

Minus Medlock's block, he only missed 2 and 1 of those was a 50 yarder.

Not necessarily the kickers fault but think what you want.

Medlock was virtually dead last in kickoff distance and near the bottom in touchbacks. The local media was imagining things when they tried to tell us how strong his leg was in camp.

Sign Phil Dawson in the offseason. Draft a punter who can boom kicks with hang time. Who are the best one's in the draft this year?

Sign Phil Dawson in the offseason. Draft a punter who can boom kicks with hang time. Who are the best one's in the draft this year?

Draft another punter? The year after drafting one? That's brilliant! Thanks for sharing.

Medlock is just the latest victim what I call The Curse of Jeff Lewis.

The Curse of Jeff Lewis is basically, head coach will remove the better and fan favorite player for a player HE wants.

i.e. Seifert dropping Beuerlein in favor of Jeff Lewis and Panthers QBs sucked until Delhomme was given the reigns. In the meantime team spirals down the drain and coach is fired.

Rivera (& Hurney) cut Kasey for Kasey-lite (Mare). Not much has changed. Both times players were well respected in the locker room, fan favorites, and leaders.

Well I honestly did not see this coming. In the overall atmosphere of this team, this is a desperation move.

I will do the usual, which is hope for the best. I think doing Kasay the way we did has cursed us.

Draft another punter? The year after drafting one? That's brilliant! Thanks for sharing.

Nortman is garbage. If you want to waste cap on a punter in FA or are content with watching 6 yard punts every other game go right ahead. I wouldn't doubt it if Nortman gets the boot when we get a new GM and HC. (See what I did there)

• Topics

• Of course, he's so massive he has his own gravitational pull. 
    • You miss the point. Taylor was here before. We picked him because of what he could do for our wide receivers not because he had some great knowledge no other person had on the staff. Shula and Rivera and Gettleman studied multiple college systems for months before signing Taylor or drafting McCaffrey or Curtis and would have drafted the same whether Taylor was here or not. They liked the way Taylor developed McCaffrey which showed his talent but Stanford's offense wasn't Taylors idea or unique to him. Shula has a connection to Taylor as early as when Shula was at Alabama.  The debate was whether Taylor was chosen to replace Shula because Shula didn't know what to do to run a college offense and if he screwed up Taylor would replace him. And that Taylor was the reason and most influential in getting McCaffrey. I said it wasn't even close to the truth and this plan predated Taylor and was more thorough and we'll thought out. Everything since then just confirms I was right once again like usual.  
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    GSO Goat