Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pantherfreak

Medlock Waived

152 posts in this topic

It really is f'ed up... No one is saying that Medlock was going to be a hall of famer, but he wasn't really given a chance. He's only attempted a total of what, 8 FGs this season? That is a joke. We barely even get into FG range with any regularity, and you cut a guy who barely got a chance to do his job because we suck at everything else? LOL.

I guess he made that fake punt call too, right?

Don't get me wrong, I actually pointed to Graham Gano as a reason to pull for Medlock... You can pick up a FA kicker who ends up being a guy you can count on for years... Medlock just didn't get a fair shake and K is among the least of our problems IMO. I also have to wonder who made this decision considering there is no official GM in place. I think it's ridiculous to let Rivera make decisions when he isn't going to be here next year anyway.

Absolutely. Firing Medlock is a WTF? move. Rivera really shaking things up by firing the special teams coach and now a kicker that missed 2 in a row. Rivera is just completely without a clue and that stoic, emotionless and zombie like facial expression we see every week is for real. I seriously think he is not playing with a full deck.

Kicking ass and taking names, that's Ron Rivera baby.

wow goes 5-5, misses 2 FGs and he's cut. The other 3rd missed one was blocked. Rivera definately looking for a scapegoat.

It was his last 3, but I get you here. Rivera did not use him much and then started doing so when he was criticized.

However, you should never take the kicking position lightly--too many games are decided by less than a TD.

Not to worry, I saw the add for the new kicker on Craig's list.