151 replies to this topic

#106 xclr82xtc

xclr82xtc

Battle of the Cats Fan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:28 PM

i dont think this was a good move. medlock wasnt that bad. he needed some NFL refinement but had alot of upside.

or maybe he was one of the ones that wasnt putting in work like johnson said.. who knows.

#107 Double Trouble

Double Trouble

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 501 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, California

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:48 PM

As a UCLA fan, I never understood why we didn't sign Kai Forbath when we had the chance. He was a better kicker and 4 years younger than Medlock. He's really succeeding in Washington now..

#108 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,689 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:48 PM

Another casualty of beating around the bush. I hate Rivera.

#109 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,178 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:49 PM

How about waving Jimmy Clausen. That asshole doesn't even dress. What a waste of a roster spot.

#110 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,380 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:53 PM

or maybe he was one of the ones that wasnt putting in work like johnson said.. who knows.

I seriously doubt CJ was talking about a kicker. They are pretty much non-entities to the rest of the team unless they have a long run like Kasay.

There is probably no position in the NFL more tenuous than place kicker, so I would think most work hard to try to stick.

#111 megadeth078

megadeth078

hate hate hate

• HUDDLER
  • 3,993 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:54 PM

Sorry Medlock, but Rivera was keeping you around despite your lack of talent and was hoping he would never have to use you and simply hoped that nobody would notice. There's a reason Medlock has a lack of FG attempts. There's many opportunities where we could have played for a FG, but instead threw deep passes and worthless read options 3 plays in a row trying to get a touchdown and just punted instead. Just another reason to get rid of Rivera as soon as possible.

#112 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,689 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:57 PM

It really is f'ed up... No one is saying that Medlock was going to be a hall of famer, but he wasn't really given a chance. He's only attempted a total of what, 8 FGs this season? That is a joke. We barely even get into FG range with any regularity, and you cut a guy who barely got a chance to do his job because we suck at everything else? LOL.

I guess he made that fake punt call too, right?

Don't get me wrong, I actually pointed to Graham Gano as a reason to pull for Medlock... You can pick up a FA kicker who ends up being a guy you can count on for years... Medlock just didn't get a fair shake and K is among the least of our problems IMO. I also have to wonder who made this decision considering there is no official GM in place. I think it's ridiculous to let Rivera make decisions when he isn't going to be here next year anyway.

#113 Guest_Tom Cat_*

Guest_Tom Cat_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:14 PM

At this weeks presser the reporters were asking about Medlock .............. I hope theyre asking about chuds play calls tuesday morning.

#114 Ken

Ken

Triple Threat

• HUDDLER
  • 3,361 posts
  • Locationnyc

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:43 PM

lol I don't understand this at all.

#115 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 6,809 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:02 PM

How about waving Jimmy Clausen. That asshole doesn't even dress. What a waste of a roster spot.

Because you would need to replace him with another QB who would never see the field as opposed to the guy making every kick. The difference really isn't very difficult to understand is it?

#116 Johnny Kilroy

Johnny Kilroy

Kilroy Kicks Butt

• HUDDLER
  • 5,648 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:12 PM

He really wasn't that great. Better than Mare, but not by much.

There was a reason why we didn't put him out there in certain situations. Many complained when we decided to punt rather than kicking long field goals. He just wasn't consistent enough to be trusted. That was evident when we actually needed him to make a one.

#117 philw5289

philw5289

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:37 PM

good we need a kicker we can trust from 40+ next year can we please get a kicker to stay around for more than 10 years lol

#118 Frosty06306

Frosty06306

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:45 PM

Justin was 7-10, not bad certainly not bad enough to place blame on him.

Gano on the other hand "He has connected on 59-of-80 field goals and 59-of-61 extra points as a pro, but his numbers are much better when blocked kicks are taken out of the equation. In Washington, he had six field goals and two PATs blocked. Minus those, he ranked second in franchise history with a 79.8-percent conversion rate on field goals and was perfect on PATs."

Gano is a better kicker, its an upgrade.

#119 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,936 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:46 PM

we replaced one very unreliable kicker with another proven unreliable kicker.

makes sense.

nothing says progress like a step sideways, amiright?

#120 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 8,042 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:49 PM

we replaced one very unreliable kicker with another proven unreliable kicker.

makes sense.

nothing says progress like a step sideways, amiright?

It sucks to wake up and realize that your team is literally in the same class as the Browns and Lions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.