Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wealth Redistribution Under Obama

125 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

[quote name='MadHatter' timestamp='1354216884' post='2022538']
so, why did they mount up too much debt?

Because they cannot afford the social programs that they had. And, thus many of them are moving away from providing things such as free college tuition.
[/quote]

Someone cannot read.

Posted · Report post

The funny thing is conservatives love to jump all over the European debt crisis as vindication of their beliefs when one of the greatest causes was low corporate tax rates and one of the biggest reasons it's not a whole lot worse is German Labor Unions.

The world doesn't fit neatly into Talk Radio subjects, folks.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Delhommey' timestamp='1354217080' post='2022545']

Someone cannot read.
[/quote]

Just because you cited other reasons that debt was amassed, does not also make it true that the continued costs of free education were not a contributing factor.

There are young college age kids all across Europe protesting and pissed off because many countries are moving away from completely free college tuition.

I am not saying that this is the only reason....far from it. It is just one of many programs that the countries are finding that they can no longer really afford.

Posted · Report post

Oh yea....it's always the taxes...never the spending.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='MadHatter' timestamp='1354217416' post='2022552']
Just because you cited other reasons that debt was amassed, does not also make it true that the continued costs of free education were not a contributing factor.

There are young college age kids all across Europe protesting and pissed off because many countries are moving away from completely free college tuition.

I am not saying that this is the only reason....far from it. It is just one of many programs that the countries are finding that they can no longer really afford.
[/quote]

Using that logic I could go to Vegas, take out hundreds of thousands of dollars in markers, lose it all betting on craps, and turn around and tell everyone I went bankrupt due to my car payment.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Delhommey' timestamp='1354217823' post='2022566']
Using that logic I could go to Vegas, take out hundreds of thousands of dollars in markers, lose it all betting on craps, and turn around and tell everyone I went bankrupt due to my car payment.
[/quote]

And only fools would believe you.

You went bankrupt because you spent more than you could repay.

Does not matter if it was the car (defense), credit cards (social programs), or the gambling (bureaucratic inefficiency), you spent more than you could pay back.

Just like the federal government of this great nation.

Posted · Report post

Well it seems that's what you seem to believe about the EU, so you can call yourself whatever name you'd like.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Delhommey' timestamp='1354218806' post='2022590']
Well it seems that's what you seem to believe about the EU, so you can call yourself whatever name you'd like.
[/quote]

Nope, I believe that the European countries that are in financial straits right now spent too much money..period.

It's not a this or that thing, it's just the facts.

They spent too much on parks, on education, on military spending, on bailouts, on everything.

Just like us, they need to cut back on everything.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='thefuzz' timestamp='1354219440' post='2022612']
Nope, I believe that the European countries that are in financial straits right now spent too much money..period.

It's not a this or that thing, it's just the facts.

They spent too much on parks, on education, on military spending, on bailouts, on everything.

[/quote]

So there's a debt crisis because the European countries spent too much money on stuff.

Thank you for that brilliant and insightful summation of such a complex issue.

Hey Europe. Adopt the Fuzz solution: Don't spend money on stuff.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Delhommey' timestamp='1354219473' post='2022617']
So there's a debt crisis because the European countries spent too much money on stuff.

Thank you for that brilliant and insightful summation of such a complex issue.

Hey Europe. Adopt the Fuzz solution: Don't spend money on stuff.
[/quote]

You were inferring that the "free" education didn't cause the crisis over there. I am merely saying that no it alone did not. However that government program along with many many more, caused the issue.

We have a spending problem, Spain and Greece do as well. They have promised the moon, but can't deliver.

Time for tough love, in our country and theirs.

Posted · Report post

Do me a favor. Never talk to a European about this, please. Just keep this in house.

Posted · Report post

Del. Do you have any current business partnerships at all in europe or just listen to the economist pod casts?