Photo
- - - - -

Kids and Bad Words

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
31 replies to this topic

#25 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:37 PM

My daughter cusses more than my son. I honestly think she does it most of the time just to get a rise out of us.

You're probably right. I knew kids growing up who cussed just to get attention, especially in larger families (3+ kids, plus having cousins around all the time). We all know how it goes, though. You cuss in your teens because it's "cool" and because you get attention, negative or not. You cuss as an adult (at least, I do), because sometimes it's the most succinct way of expressing myself. For instance, saying "this is dumb" does not have nearly the same impact as "this is fuging dumb". Or, "forget this" does not have the impact of, "fug this". fug is probably my favorite word, for that reason. Of course, time and place. There is a time to be professional, though. I've heard people, while working, cuss around customers/clients. Don't know that I necessarily agree with that, strictly from a social formality standpoint.

#26 sunbunny

sunbunny

HUDDLER

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:56 PM

She's 14, so I think it's the "cool" thing going on. To be honest, we have more things to worry about than her saying fug all the time. Like a boy much older than her sending her pics of his dick.

#27 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

HUDDLER

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:57 PM

She's 14, so I think it's the "cool" thing going on. To be honest, we have more things to worry about than her saying fug all the time. Like a boy much older than her sending her pics of his dick.

The hell? ...I swear, if I ever have a daughter, I am in trouble. the first time something like that happens, I freak out.

#28 sunbunny

sunbunny

HUDDLER

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:04 PM

Yeah. It happened. He's lucky he has a few months before he turns 18, and that my son is 18. My daughter didn't send him any pics. I'd never before checked my daughter's texts, but something told me one night to do it. And that's what I found; a pic of his dick.

#29 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

HUDDLER

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:08 PM

I blame Brett Favre. But in all seriousness, when I was 18, if my then-14 year old sister had received texts like that, I could give a poo if the guy sending them was 17, 12, or 40, there would be ass kicked. Your son has more restraint than I do. Of course, in a few months, I'd be fearing for that guy's safety. Especially if your son is as protective as I am.

#30 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

HUDDLER

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:14 PM

Dick pics far worse than cursing........

Cursing far better than asking for dick pics.....

Cursing out the dick pic sender.... almost the best

Forwarding dick pics with well placed derogatory curse words to senders friends.... you've raised her right!

#31 sunbunny

sunbunny

HUDDLER

Posted 23 November 2012 - 04:30 PM

You don't know how bad I wanted to take that pic to his mom, shove it in her face, and ask her if it was hers. Also, his dad is the town commissioner of a small town. He could have put the pic in his campaign signs.

My husband had to restrain my son. A friend talked me down when I called her to make sure she had bail money. Honestly, if not for my daughter begging us not to embarrass her, I'm not sure what I'd have done once the shock wore off. And believe me, I was in complete shock for a couple of hours.

#32 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

HUDDLER

Posted 23 November 2012 - 04:44 PM

You don't know how bad I wanted to take that pic to his mom, shove it in her face, and ask her if it was hers. Also, his dad is the town commissioner of a small town. He could have put the pic in his campaign signs.

My husband had to restrain my son. A friend talked me down when I called her to make sure she had bail money. Honestly, if not for my daughter begging us not to embarrass her, I'm not sure what I'd have done once the shock wore off. And believe me, I was in complete shock for a couple of hours.

Only hours? I can't imagine having a daughter and going through that. It wouldn't likely be a matter of hours. I'd be plotting the most perfect revenge for weeks, even months, until I felt vindicated. Until I achieved the ultimate in exacting revenge, I would have been non-stop making the kids life a living hell.

In the words of Avenged Sevenfold's "Nightmare"

You should have known
The price of evil
And it hurts to know that you belong here
Yeah
Oooooooh
It's your fuging nightmare
While your nightmare comes to life

Can't wake up in sweat
Cause it ain't over yet
Still dancing with your demons
Victim of your own creation