Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Should we keep Rivera for another Season?

109 posts in this topic

Posted

Pstall isn't the only one that puts out fallacies on purpose.

I do this all the time, usually as flame bate, and sometimes just for shits giggles

Last week in one thread I started acting omnipotent just to see who it would piss off, wasnt saying anything that was incorrect, but if you act like you're gods gift to man kind it will piss people off and they will argue against you in a "I'll show him" kinda way if thier argument is crap or not. and the best flame bait is a half truth that's a full lie as they say.

I think it's funny that someone can spend 5 minutes on a forum and not think that people do this.

Posted

6-10, 2-8. That's enough of a reason to get rid of him.

1 person likes this

Posted

it wouldn't surprise me one bit to see a new gm keep rivera around...

...it also wouldn't surprise me to see a new gm put cam on the shelf.

Which of these two statements are faults?

All of the above...

Posted

last year we would have been a playoff team with the defense we have now, defense was complete rap last season, now it's just the DB's. offense though has been a much bigger issue mainly because of the O-line and with that said I don't think the Offensive play calling has been bad.

there have been a few clock mismanagement issues, but what coach doesn't have a few? especially the new ones? I know not an excuse, but sometimes and especially in Football people have unrealistic views of what should be expected.

Deal breaker for me regarding Rivera is him standing by while Chudzinski shits the bed and our offense becomes one of the worst in the league. The buck stops with Rivera, and it has not been pretty.

...it also wouldn't surprise me to see a new gm put cam on the shelf.

Just lol man.

1 person likes this

Posted

Let's give Jarrett another shot, let's give Clausen another shot, let's give Armanti another shot, let's give Rosario another shot, let's give Colbert another shot, let's give... do you see where I'm going here? When will our fans get balls? NO... Rivera should not be given another year. Period.

Posted

the Cam on the shelf stuff just isn't going to happen, it's good talk fodder for those that do it for a living or have nothing better to talk about but it's just not going to happen.

people believe that it won't happen, just like people believe there's no way in hell rivera stays another season.

i believe that all bets are off with a new gm.

nothing would surprise me.

Posted

So how would Rivera be able to turn us into a playoff team, even if we manage to get these players (O-line, WR, etc.) that we are missing?

Posted

This time around, will the Panthers pay the money required to bring in quality coaching talent?

If not, may as well keep Stone face.

It's pointless if they're going to go bargain basement shopping again.

2 people like this

Posted

I say we bring back Dom Capers......

Posted

here's the thing I agree, but argue why you think he should go or stay?

Well by last years end I would've said we found our coach. But at this point we have 18 losses and 8 wins under Rivera. 14 of those losses are by 7 points or less. It seems that this team is like a balloon filled to to point of bursting (potential), but the coach doesn't have the capasity to push it to the bursting point. IMO RR just doesn't have the ability to get the best from all his players and for that reason, he must go.

Posted

This time around, will the Panthers pay the money required to bring in quality coaching talent?

If not, may as well keep Stone face.

It's pointless if they're going to go bargain basement shopping again.

also, is jr willing to pay for 2 coaching staffs?

Posted

The only thing I like about Rivera is that he replaces players that don't perform. I hope the next coach does that also.