Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Should we keep Rivera for another Season?

109 posts in this topic

Posted

I remember about 9 months ago when everyone on here thought Chud was the next great coaching mind.....that we should triple his salary to make sure that we kept him....that he should be HC instead of Rivera.

Oh, how fickle we ALL are as fans.

Moral of story="What a difference a season makes in the current life, times and career of an NFL coach".

Posted

I remember about 9 months ago when everyone on here thought Chud was the next great coaching mind.....that we should triple his salary to make sure that we kept him....that he should be HC instead of Rivera.

Oh, how fickle we ALL are as fans.

For those that think it would be so shocking for rivera to be fired after this season (providing things continue on the path they are going) I have a experiment.

Go to your job tomorow morning and begin failing as badly as rivera has been, see if it takes longer than a year for your boss to fire you.

Posted

To the OP: No.

Posted

This team lacks something..... it is not talent.....

This team is weak in preparation, game plan, conditioning, and in confidence. These qualities are instilled by the coaching staff. This coaching staff has let the team down.

It is obvious if you watch the Panthers over the last 2 years. We have tons of talent! We have numerous individuals that should be in the pro-bowl every year. What we don't have is preparation and execution. That is on Rivera. I hope he finds a good D-coordinator job somewhere next year where he belongs. He is not head coaching material.

Posted

Rivera, for the better part of 2 seasons, has not shown one iota of good decision making when games are close

Posted

Have never seen a dumber thread title.. rivera cant win in the clutch, or really just win period.

Posted

as it stands, worst winning percentage out of any Panthers coach, including Seifert.

Nobody was really clamoring to keep him around after 01, were they?

Posted

This team lacks something..... it is not talent.....

This team is weak in preparation, game plan, conditioning, and in confidence. These qualities are instilled by the coaching staff. This coaching staff has let the team down.

It is obvious if you watch the Panthers over the last 2 years. We have tons of talent! We have numerous individuals that should be in the pro-bowl every year. What we don't have is preparation and execution. That is on Rivera. I hope he finds a good D-coordinator job somewhere next year where he belongs. He is not head coaching material.

I agree... the sad thing is JR will NEVER hire a GM or HC that dosent fear him and know their place in the pecking order. Ive never seen a yes-man successfully lead men and command their respect. Our players are not well prepared to play... This combined with poor in-game decision making and the inability to make adjustments during the game is has killed us.

Posted

The bottom line is 1-11. I appreciate the fact that you made well thought out arguments and support for them and strongly stand by your view, but I just can't agree. I can make a great argument that we're way better than 2-8. That we're just as good as 6-5 teams in the league right now, easily. We have the talent and that may be all well and true. But we're 2-8... doesn't matter how good you argue or what points you provide, the end result is all that matters. We may very well be just as good and talented as 6-5 teams, but we don't have the record to show for it so the argument is void before it begins. 1-11 in games decided by 7 points or less. That's all I need to know. That all falls on the coaching. You honestly think Rivera isn't the problem? Imagine if a Harbaugh or BB was coaching this team. We would probably be a #1 seed right now.

Posted

JR cant afford to keep him around. Charlotte is a bandwagon sports town and won't come out for a loser the way buffalo, cleveland, and Detroit fans do. If they take a huge gamble and bring Rivera back and things go south again you are going to start seeing half full stadiums and blackouts which is gonna hurt JR's bottom line. I think it's a business decision as much as a football decision. The NFL is no place for a head coach to learn on the job.

Posted

if you have to ask this question, you must already have your answer. this team looks bad, out coached, can not finish games, not tough, and has regressed from last year so the HC needs to go.

Posted

Hell to the muthafuggin no.

/Thread