Photo
- - - - -

Should we keep Rivera for another Season?

• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

#91 Guest_Tom Cat_*

Guest_Tom Cat_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:52 PM

Should we keep Rivera for another season? Yes of course. And maybe I wont flush my commode till 2014 !

#92 Pantherman

Pantherman

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:25 PM

Pretty sure one of the first questions in the gm interviews will be regarding our offense, and if Cam isn't in that plan I doubt they will even proceed. Richardson won't hear that noise.

Where are we going to find the cap room to sign a decent QB anyhow?

Unless you think Derek Anderson is the answer and if so well I am concerned for you.

LOL Dude for one the guy who doing the GM search is a long time friend of JR. I'm sure JR is going to listen his long time friend on who is best to hire. The guy has put together this current Giants team that is made up of Eli, Nicks Cruz, JPP, Tuck and so on. So if this guy tells JR that the new GM wants to get rid of Cam and draft a QB he likes. It's going to happen. JR trust this guy who is looking for a new GM. So face it Cam could be gone after this season along with other people as well. We never know what is going to happen. Plain and simple.

#93 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,326 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:30 PM

Whatever happens in the off-season, I'd say Chud has to be the first one fired.

How that man has a job still, I have no fuging idea.

I remember about 9 months ago when everyone on here thought Chud was the next great coaching mind.....that we should triple his salary to make sure that we kept him....that he should be HC instead of Rivera.

Oh, how fickle we ALL are as fans.

#94 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,170 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:38 PM

LOL Dude for one the guy who doing the GM search is a long time friend of JR. I'm sure JR is going to listen his long time friend on who is best to hire. The guy has put together this current Giants team that is made up of Eli, Nicks Cruz, JPP, Tuck and so on. So if this guy tells JR that the new GM wants to get rid of Cam and draft a QB he likes. It's going to happen. JR trust this guy who is looking for a new GM. So face it Cam could be gone after this season along with other people as well. We never know what is going to happen. Plain and simple.

First of all if you are referring to Acorsi, he knows damn well not to just throw away a talented QB on a whim. He drafted Eli Manning like you said yourself, who at one point was pretty much a joke in the league. He never wavered and stuck with him. Seems like it paid off for him if you ask me, but hey what do I know.

So you are telling me he would be dumb enough to hire a GM who cannot be successful with our own talented young QB. Yet Richardson who has already been through health problems and publicly stated Cam was the last QB he will ever draft will just jump on board for another rebuild. Well.. I'm heading back to reality. That is laughable.

#95 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 17,661 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:48 PM

I remember about 9 months ago when everyone on here thought Chud was the next great coaching mind.....that we should triple his salary to make sure that we kept him....that he should be HC instead of Rivera.

Yes because absolutely nothing has changed with Chud from last season to this season.

#96 PantherFanOne

PantherFanOne

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,663 posts
  • LocationRock Hill S.C.

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:00 PM

My answer to the OP's question--No, do not retain Ron Rivera...The new GM will probably (most certainly) pick a new HC and the new HC will chose his own staff. The question should be will the new HC retain any of our current position coaches?

#97 PantherFanOne

PantherFanOne

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,663 posts
  • LocationRock Hill S.C.

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:05 PM

Moral of story="What a difference a season makes in the current life, times and career of an NFL coach".

#98 tight lines

tight lines

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:45 PM

For those that think it would be so shocking for rivera to be fired after this season (providing things continue on the path they are going) I have a experiment.
Go to your job tomorow morning and begin failing as badly as rivera has been, see if it takes longer than a year for your boss to fire you.

#99 DawgzLife

DawgzLife

Charter Fan '93

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 04:29 PM

To the OP: No.

#100 Leeroy Jenkins PhD

Leeroy Jenkins PhD

HCIC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts
  • LocationHouston Texas

Posted 25 November 2012 - 05:32 PM

This team lacks something..... it is not talent.....

This team is weak in preparation, game plan, conditioning, and in confidence. These qualities are instilled by the coaching staff. This coaching staff has let the team down.

It is obvious if you watch the Panthers over the last 2 years. We have tons of talent! We have numerous individuals that should be in the pro-bowl every year. What we don't have is preparation and execution. That is on Rivera. I hope he finds a good D-coordinator job somewhere next year where he belongs. He is not head coaching material.

#101 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 13,787 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:44 AM

Rivera, for the better part of 2 seasons, has not shown one iota of good decision making when games are close

#102 Gucci Mane

Gucci Mane

Trap God

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,767 posts
  • LocationKitchen

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:57 AM

Have never seen a dumber thread title.. rivera cant win in the clutch, or really just win period.

#103 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 13,787 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:01 AM

as it stands, worst winning percentage out of any Panthers coach, including Seifert.

Nobody was really clamoring to keep him around after 01, were they?

#104 Wine&Cheese

Wine&Cheese

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:49 AM

This team lacks something..... it is not talent.....

This team is weak in preparation, game plan, conditioning, and in confidence. These qualities are instilled by the coaching staff. This coaching staff has let the team down.

It is obvious if you watch the Panthers over the last 2 years. We have tons of talent! We have numerous individuals that should be in the pro-bowl every year. What we don't have is preparation and execution. That is on Rivera. I hope he finds a good D-coordinator job somewhere next year where he belongs. He is not head coaching material.

I agree... the sad thing is JR will NEVER hire a GM or HC that dosent fear him and know their place in the pecking order. Ive never seen a yes-man successfully lead men and command their respect. Our players are not well prepared to play... This combined with poor in-game decision making and the inability to make adjustments during the game is has killed us.

#105 Herb

Herb

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:47 AM

The bottom line is 1-11. I appreciate the fact that you made well thought out arguments and support for them and strongly stand by your view, but I just can't agree. I can make a great argument that we're way better than 2-8. That we're just as good as 6-5 teams in the league right now, easily. We have the talent and that may be all well and true. But we're 2-8... doesn't matter how good you argue or what points you provide, the end result is all that matters. We may very well be just as good and talented as 6-5 teams, but we don't have the record to show for it so the argument is void before it begins. 1-11 in games decided by 7 points or less. That's all I need to know. That all falls on the coaching. You honestly think Rivera isn't the problem? Imagine if a Harbaugh or BB was coaching this team. We would probably be a #1 seed right now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.