#16 BlanksKarma

BlanksKarma

Falcons Loser

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,186 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:35 PM

Apparently no one actually read any of the news articles about this.

He's not doing this because the Jets suck. He's quitting because of the hostility of other Jets fans towards him. When he wears a Sanchez jersey, other fans boo him and start arguments with him. He said some of these encounters almost lead to physical altercations (as you can imagine would happen with loudmouth Brooklyn hotheads). He said he is afraid one day he might lose his temper and do something he'll regret.

Yeah, the Jets fans have accused him of being a paid shill and he has had several physical altercations already. I don't blame the guy one bit.

Some of the bitter Panther fans responses were uncalled for.

#17 Bwood

Bwood

It's all about the

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,491 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:37 PM

I know how he feels, I cheer for the panthers with all my heart and soul during games. My voice is hoarse by half, and my hands sting from clapping so hard every play.

People at my sports bar hate me, they complain all the time but I just cheer louder win or lose. But ever since probably around the Chicago game, I'm much more quiet. Some day I hope I have a reason to get loud again, I wanna be that fan that everyone hates at the bar but because his team keeps winning.

#18 BlanksKarma

BlanksKarma

Falcons Loser

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,186 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:38 PM

fireman ed is a self righteous prick who's "bailing" on the team by not doing the chant anymore. He's also getting threatened by other Jets fans because they think the team has paid him to wear a Sanchez jersey this season.

On top of that, he's quit like six times up to now, and is constantly getting into fights with the team about having to pay full price for his tickets, or not getting enough free shwag.

On top of that, he's actually a dolphins fan.

There's not a single sentence that isn't full of poo. he's not bailing on the team, he's in fear of being assulted by 60,000 crazed, bitter Jets fans. I don't blame the dude one bit.

#19 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 20,220 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:41 PM

Some of the bitter Panther fans responses were uncalled for.

Bullshit. Ed brought this crap on himself. Just like a guy that wears a barrel to a broncos game or CatMan here at BofA. If you are gonna dress the part and try to play the crowd, don't get all whiny when the crowd accuses you of being a paid side act. The physical stuff is uncalled for obviously but I can respond SUCK-SUCK-SUCK when he spells his little team name if I so choose. He's a 50 year old guy that gets on the shoulders of another 50 year old guy to lead cheers. Man up Ed.

#20 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,157 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:43 PM

Guess this is the downside of being an attention *****.

#21 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 20,220 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:46 PM

Guess this is the downside of being an attention *****.

Exactly. It's not like he is some random fan. He's a loud mouth that gets on Espn promo's for being a loudmouth fan. He brought this all on himself.

#22 Bwood

Bwood

It's all about the

• HUDDLER
  • 2,491 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:50 PM

I would suggest finding a new team or hope JR dies choking on a BoJangles pork chop biscut.

The thing is I would rather be the Panthers than a franchise that can't get past the first round of the playoffs.

#23 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 20,452 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:34 PM

i bet hurney petitioned the rest of the front office to give sir purr an armanti edwards jersey to show that everyone thought it was a great pick

#24 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 14,977 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:37 PM

No. No matter how bad we suck. Even in 2010. I get absolutely pumped on game day. I am the delusional fan that thinks "This is the week we finally figure it out!!"

I want a win tonight and spur a winning streak going into the offseason.

#25 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 6,629 posts
  • LocationWherever I May Roam

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:44 PM

"Fan fatigue" is a term I haven't heard yet to describe the root cause in the ever-increasing numbers of empty seats and/or seats filled by the opposing teams' fans.

But yes, I'm part of that group by definition. My PSLs are sold after 18 seasons with this team. I lost any emotional ties with the team related to its performance following the Arizona debacle and the Jerry Richardson-led lockout and the subsequent bargain basement roster he put on the field.

I had more fun pulling for the Niners to beat the crap outta the Saints yesterday. I enjoyed watching the Redskins- yes, I said Redskins- take apart the Cowboys on Thanksgiving Day. I had more fun and found myself actually cheering for a football team not named the Panthers for the first time in years. But, on the other hand, I haven't cheered for the Panthers for a couple seasons. I'm done caring one way or the other about the team. I have no expectations and will always wish them well, but their on-the-field disappointments no longer effect me.

#26 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 39,719 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:09 PM

Just to be clear, I was looking for a discussion on what it's like cheering for the Panthers these days, not a referendum on Fireman Ed. He was only meant to be an example.

Granted, I realize Huddle threads have a tendency to stray off topic :lol:

#27 Dollar Store Dave

Dollar Store Dave

Formerly Know As Ruff

• HUDDLER
  • 7,188 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:11 PM

Fireman Ed is an attention *****.
Shame on anyone who indulges in giving him attention.

I literally could not agree more.

That dude stands in the middle of the crowd, screaming, yelling, and leading chants. He goes about shoving Giants' fans on TV during the preseason. Then, once his team starts to trend downwards, he immediately bails?

#28 carpantherfan84

carpantherfan84

Abductive Reasoner

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,732 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:13 PM

honestly, how do we even know about this. I mean does he do interviews or something?

This is what is important with the Jets. Hmmph, well now I know.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com