Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rivera vs. Gettis

79 posts in this topic

Posted

Since when does McD sit in the booth?

Former coach...most likely use same calls...or terms....just taking cover

1 person likes this

Posted

Problem is, during the Broncos game 2 weeks ago Phil Simms said during the broadcast that Gettis looked really impressive all week in practice and would be a huge contributor to our offense for years to come... That's an awful lot of praise for someone to be out of game shape.

I was able to get on "moving the chains" radio show yesterday and talk to Pat Kirwin and Tim Ryan

regarding the Panthers. I knew Ron Rivera was coming on as a guest and got them to ask him

about Gettis. I even told them I had heard what you quoted Phil Simms saying. They all laughed at

the fact that Phils Simms was basing his observation on Fri./Sat. walk- thrus and not actual

practices. From what Ron said,Gettis is not quite in game shape and is not on the same page with

Cam as far as running routes in practice. He also said that with AE and Joe being WR's and

performing well with their return duties and Smitty,Murph & Lafell there really wasn't room for him to

be on the active roster. So, unless Gettis really starts "flashing" in practice or returning kicks.........

we won't be seeing him playing anytime soon.

1 person likes this

Posted

Didn't the players just say here recently that Gettis is like the fastest person on the team? I doubt he's forgotten how to catch, and surely he can run a few simple routes. Fug it, we're 3-8. What have we really got to lose?

Posted

Ever heard someone say "the NFL is a 'what have you done for me lately' league"? That's usually said in reference to a two or three week period, not a two or three year period.

Posted

Didn't the players just say here recently that Gettis is like the fastest person on the team? I doubt he's forgotten how to catch, and surely he can run a few simple routes. Fug it, we're 3-8. What have we really got to lose?

from what Ron said........your QB

Your QB is setting in the pocket expect you to run a hitch or curl.........and you don't. Wham!

Posted

Rivera is a buffoon. /thread

Anyone who thinks it is unnecessary to give Gettis some snaps on a 3-8 football team should stay away from talent relations.

Posted

Rivera is a buffoon. /thread

Anyone who thinks it is unnecessary to give Gettis some snaps on a 3-8 football team should stay away from talent relations.

so even if the player is not in shape and not on the same page with the QB.........

we should bench someone else in order for him to play because ??

Posted

Problem is, during the Broncos game 2 weeks ago Phil Simms said during the broadcast that Gettis looked really impressive all week in practice and would be a huge contributor to our offense for years to come... That's an awful lot of praise for someone to be out of game shape.

Problem is Phil Simms wasn't at practice all week....

And again, no player walks of PUP after a year on IR and in game shape.

Newton also has zero chemistry and work put in with him. Gettis also has no reps hardly in Chud's O.

Lots of logical reasons why Gettis doesn't walk onto the field on Sunday

Posted

What he said^^^^^^^^

Posted

Problem is Phil Simms wasn't at practice all week....

And again, no player walks of PUP after a year on IR and in game shape.

Newton also has zero chemistry and work put in with him. Gettis also has no reps hardly in Chud's O.

Lots of logical reasons why Gettis doesn't walk onto the field on Sunday

How much game shape and chemistry does it take to tell him to run as fast as he can in a straight line and tell cam to throw it as far as he can once or twice a game at the least?

Posted

i dont know what you guys expect from a player that as missed training camp, barely practiced, and barely had any reps....i wouldnt play him either

Posted

and again,its not like you asking him to be on the field for 20+ plays.plus a guy that was IR since august,was just signed who also could get your QB killed for missing an assignment played monday.