• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#46 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:49 AM

Cam had a decent game last week, a good game last night. Hopefully he is coming out of his sophomore slump. Maybe the game is slowing down for him again.

#47 GotSwag?

GotSwag?

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:50 AM

I thought Cam looked like himself last night. He has been pressing way too much this season trying to do too much, but last night he seemed to relax and play within himself. Ill say it again - A lot of the media are praising RG3 non stop, but we have ourselves a great QB. It occured to me last night that hes still learning NFL defenses and is still learning this offense. Eagles arent exactly the best team and they have now lost 7 in a row, but Cam looked like Cam last night.

#48 Gabeking

Gabeking

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,400 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:02 AM

I beg to differ. You have a new coach and the team isn't much different than when they were under Fox.

There is a Proverbial saying and I'll paraphrase, you cannot put new wine into old wine skin. There is no way you can keep bringing in new people and get a different result if the over all attitude of the Panthers as a team remains the same. Everyone of those players, coaches and GMs have to look themselves in the mirror and ask themselves, what is my contribution to this team. One person cannot win a game and in all honesty, one person doesn't lose it for a team either.But if each person is only looking out for themselves and don't seem to care whether they catch the ball, throw the ball, run with the ball, or kick the ball, there is something fundamentally wrong with that team.

I see folks spend more time finding anything to critique Cam for but is quick to ignore or barely make much out of the obvious ball dropping of the receivers, field goal misses of their punter, or the sifter that is the secondary. How seriously productive is that for a team like the Panthers? Some folks on here act like certain folks are off limits when it comes to criticism...Smitty...yet, week in and out those players do the same dumb ish on the field that is costing the team yardage and nothing is made of it.

IMO, changing the surface of the team is not getting to the root of what's wrong with this team. This team, talent wise, should be a 7-4 by now. But in all honesty, I don't believe this team knows how to win. I believe they want to win but they seem way to pampered and spoiled to create the kind of energy needed to make other teams fear them. That energy of fear was there when Cam first came in but it's now gone because many team now realize that Cam is the real strength of this team. Give him a hard time and the rest of the team fall apart. Not good. Evenmore is, you place a ridiculously hot spot light over the head his head, and demand he plays perfect football week in and out, so the obvious weaknesses of this team can be covered up. That will not work.

The easiest thing to do on a team is replace people. The hardest thing is to removed bad habits and attitudes from a team thta have been allowed to practice those bad habits for years. Fix this team's attitude from within and you will see this team winning more games.

Like I said, new mentality...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com