16 replies to this topic

#1 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:37 AM

It's not showing on any of the box score. But I remember a bumbled snap and CJ touching Foles down.

Isn't that a sack?

#2 OnlyPantherFaninMaine

OnlyPantherFaninMaine

All In.

• HUDDLER
  • 5,846 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:39 AM

Yeah I thought that as well. I figured they would give him a sack for that play thought I'm not totally sure how it works.

The Kraken was breaking bodies today though...per usual.

#3 Mage

Mage

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,305 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:39 AM

It's because it was designed to be a run play. Looked like Foles was going to toss it. They might review the play if Carolina cares enough to ask them to see if it was going to be a pass or run (can usually tell by offensive line movement) but by how easy Johnson got through, I'd say it was probably going to be a toss.

#4 TruCatzFan

TruCatzFan

Phil 4:13

• HUDDLER
  • 6,470 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:41 AM

It's because it was designed to be a run play. Looked like Foles was going to toss it. They might review the play if Carolina cares enough to ask them to see if it was going to be a pass or run (can usually tell by offensive line movement) but by how easy Johnson got through, I'd say it was probably going to be a toss.

WTF are u talking about?????????????

If anything the refs screwed him out of the sack by blowing the play dead prior to CJ getting to him which was BS (though not unusual for refs to screw the team or a player over)

Further more, even if it were a designed QB run, if he's tackled behind the line of scrimmage it's still a sack genius... You obviously don't even know the rules.... Smh

Do you people even watch the games? This place has gotten absolutely ridiculous!

#5 Rubi

Rubi

Squid Smasher

• HUDDLER
  • 2,294 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:42 AM

Yeah I thought that as well. I figured they would give him a sack for that play thought I'm not totally sure how it works.

The Kraken was breaking bodies today though...per usual.

He's been a surprise this year.

I was calling for his head in the offseason

He's been impressive. He might be the largest gunner on punt plays in NFL history as well...

#6 OnlyPantherFaninMaine

OnlyPantherFaninMaine

All In.

• HUDDLER
  • 5,846 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:46 AM

He's been a surprise this year.

I was calling for his head in the offseason

He's been impressive. He might be the largest gunner on punt plays in NFL history as well...

Year 3 is usually when DEs start to 'get it' so I was reserving judgment on Hardy until after this season. The tandem of CJ and Hardy with a dose of Dwan Edwards and Alexander has been a big reason for this defenses turn around.

Big fan of Hardy and hope we can keep him along with CJ for a long time. Throw in a beast DT like Star in the draft and this D-Line and LB core should be a top front 7 for years to come.

#7 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 14,911 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:51 AM

I'm guessing it was ruled a TFL since Foles fumbled the ball and then picked it up and attempted to advance it, before dropping on it.

I hope the Panthers ask the league to take another look at it, I think CJ should be credited with a sack on that one.

#8 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,407 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:52 AM

I think'll be changed to a sack once it's reviewed.

#9 YoungPanthers89

YoungPanthers89

Lucy Snorebush

• HUDDLER
  • 10,759 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:54 AM

If anything the refs screwed him out of the sack by blowing the play dead prior to CJ getting to him which was BS (though not unusual for refs to screw the team or a player over)

Further more, even if it were a designed QB run, if he's tackled behind the line of scrimmage it's still a sack genius... You obviously don't even know the rules.... Smh

Do you people even watch the games? This place has gotten absolutely ridiculous!

Calm down...and if it is a designed run it wouldn't be a sack

#10 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 18,762 posts
  • LocationGreensboro

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:55 AM

might wanna tone it down a little there scooter, new no tolerance policy on flailing personal attacks and bombastic condemnations.

#11 Mage

Mage

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,305 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:49 AM

What are you talking about?

And no, a designed QB run does not equal a sack even if he is tackled behind the LOS. That was the case earlier with JJ Watt having a sack taken away when they reviewed it as his tackle on Tannehill was a designed QB run.

http://blog.chron.co...-away-from-him/

Thanks for insulting me though. Much appreciated.

It's like calling whenever Newton is tackled behind the LOS on a speed option or triple option or zone read option a sack. It's not. A sack occurs when you tackle the quarterback while he's in the process of passing and the offensive line is in pass protection. It's not a sack if the offensive line is clearly run blocking, where the OL will typically let the backside defensive end go free because the play is not going his way (which is why you see guys like Ware and JPP go unblocked on runs to the opposite side and sometimes they end up managing to run it down from behind).

#12 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,513 posts
  • LocationS.L.R.C.

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:07 AM

Oh man, remember the dudes that said Keiser>Hardy....man that was fun.

#13 KSpan

KSpan

Bow-chicka-wow-wow!

• HUDDLER
  • 2,331 posts
  • LocationKansas City

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:40 AM

Oh man, remember the dudes that said Keiser>Hardy....man that was fun.

Before Hardy flipped his lightswitch earlier this year, Keiser was frequently the more effective player of the two. Now, however, the Kraken has settled that argument.

#14 SuperMan

SuperMan

I'm always holding back.

• HUDDLER
  • 2,265 posts
  • LocationRaleigh,NC

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:30 AM

It should be noted that as of right now...

Charles Johnson 9 sacks
Greg Hardy 8 sacks

Julius Peppers 6 sacks....

#15 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,936 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:34 AM

that whole Dline has been a great surprise this year. still could be a lot better against the run, but man it can get pressure on that QB. i love it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.