Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pat Yasinskas thinks Rivera can keep his job.

44 posts in this topic

Posted

No freaking way.... if that happens this team starts next season 1-5 no matter what.

Posted

God help us. The only way I could stomach it at all would be if he replaced basically all our offensive coaches.

Posted

God help us. The only way I could stomach it at all would be if he replaced basically all our offensive coaches.

A fired Norv Turner replacing a fired or demoted Rob Chudzinski would have some benefits.

You get someone with a more consistent record as an OC, plus a guy who can help Rivera learn the nuances of game management.

1 person likes this

Posted

Only way it's even a CONSIDERATION, is if he finishes on a 6 game win streak.

Even if Panthers win every game 35-0 on a 6 game winning streak he is not coming back.

Posted

I've seen the panthers make some mind blowing decisions in the past so I wouldn't be surprised if this actually happens

Posted

If we hire a GM and he decides to keep Rivera he should then be fired on the spot because we know he won't be worth 2 shits if he makes a decision like that.

The sky is the limit on retarded decisions by a GM willing to make Rivera a HC(see Hurney)

Posted

I don't want Rivera back no matter what.

Posted

I've seen the panthers make some mind blowing decisions in the past so I wouldn't be surprised if this actually happens

I would.

But with that said, stranger things have happened.

Posted

If he's back I won't be watching the panthers next year. Call me a fairweather fan or whatever, I don't care. We will lose and lose and lose with him and I won't be around to see it.

I can't even go with him for four exhibition games, let alone another season.

Posted

Sean Payton 2013.

Posted

A fired Norv Turner replacing a fired or demoted Rob Chudzinski would have some benefits.

You get someone with a more consistent record as an OC, plus a guy who can help Rivera learn the nuances of game management.

I'm not sure Chud alone is enough. Our o-line was underwhelming even when we had Kalil. I'm also not 100% sold on Shula. We could use a stronger personality in that spot.

Turner was exceptional under J. Johnson, but I worry about him under a weak RR.

Oh, and I forgot ST's. We probably need to make a change there as well.

The hell with it. Stick to the plan and replace the whole coaching staff other than maybe Washington and Sam Mills Jr.

Posted

If Rivera is given another chance, then JR really doesn't care about winning.