Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Our Falling Draft Pick + Keenan Allen

28 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I've been thinking (along with many here) we are gonna be a top-5 pick this year but we've got 5 games left with the Raiders, Chiefs, the flailing Chargers, and rematches against the Saints and Falcons on the board.

On the other end, you have the likes of the Browns, Raiders, Eagles, Chiefs, & Jags pretty much already ahead of us pick wise atm. Even more so, the Jets and Cardinals are the two other falling teams that may slip ahead of us by the season's end at the least.

So in this regard, we could be looking at a pick somewhere around 7-10 yet again.

It then got me thinking [u]if[/u] the likes of Star, Joekel, and Hankins are off the board the top lineman on both ends are basically out of play.

Given this situation, [b]Keenan Allen[/b] could be right there for us and not a reach.

Would you do it if we are sitting 7-10 with no Star, Joekel, or Hankins?

I mean, I think its safe to say we're good at DE and I believe getting a CB/FS in the FA or later rounds is a better bet than getting another Jarrett/Colbert/DJ Hackett/Keyshawn/Murphy type god forbid. Also, we're now looking at the second tier lineman when compared to Star and Luke on both sides of the ball. Go skill position if so and pick the best WR in the draft.

[i]So to summarize:[/i]

[u]If we fall down the draft board, get the best wideout in the draft[/u]

Posted · Report post

No Star, Hankins or Joeckel = Panthers taking best WR available.

Posted · Report post

I'd rather get a stud DE, Jarvis Jones or Milliner. Why reach for a WR when the entire team needs an upgrade?

Posted · Report post

Jarvis Jones will be a top five pick, and DE is pretty set on this team. Milliner I can agree with, but Jarvis will be long gone if we're not in position to pick Joeckel or Lotulelei....
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

if the knee checks out fine, i would have no problems with taking Keenan there.

Posted · Report post

I completely agree with taking the best WR in the draft in that situation.

Posted · Report post

I wouldn't want to reach for a WR when we can get one in the second if need be. Need to get a bigtime impact player in round 1.

Posted · Report post

big uglies, big uglies, big uglies

trenches is where it is won and lost.

Posted · Report post

I'd love to have Keenan if those others aren't available.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='TMS3426' timestamp='1354041367' post='2019194']
I wouldn't want to reach for a WR when we can get one in the second if need be. Need to get a bigtime impact player in round 1.
[/quote]

Exactly why we should be targeting a WR this offseason.

Posted · Report post

Agreed. If Star, or Jake is off the board, we should either trade down(with a good offer) or take him.

Posted · Report post

Honestly expect us to win against the Chiefs and Raiders. Rounding us out to 5 wins, if that's the case take Allen.