Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Anti-Walmart

236 posts in this topic

Posted

I have said over and over that I am all for helping people who are working to help themselves. If you take a job and work your ass off, yet still need assistance......I am all for it.

What I am against is the people who are capable of working and sit on their lazy asses drawing a welfare check.

As for Wal-Mart. I hate them....won't shop in their stores which are nasty.

But, they pay above minimum wage and then supply and demand dictates what they pay. Costco pays more...go work for Costco.

Also have no issues picketing for higher wages...that is fully within workers rights. Does not mean the company will cave, but go for it.

so you'd prefer to have the government supplement walmart salaries, rather than walmart pay their workers enough to live on?

But the Walmart thread about people bitching about having to work holidays was ridiculous. Retail work means holiday work.

why?

How dare you use simple logic Hatter!

it must be pretty hard to type with pom poms in your hands

Posted

If I am buying something like a steak, I spend a couple of extra bucks and go to the local butcher shop. When it comes to steaks, quality is more important to me. For chicken, turkey, etc... I let the wife buy it at sams, or food lion if she doesn't feel like spending the extra in gas.

this... which is why i don't eat steak very much... unless i'm gonna spring for something really good, i'd rather eat a good burger than an ok steak.

2 people like this

Posted

At least here you're having a reasonable adult discussion... but the pom pom comment from you of all people is pretty laughable.

I've thought many times that you, rodeo and James might be cheerleading triplets separated at birth...

As to your question, I didn't see where hatter was saying Walmart employees should have their salaries subsidized by the gov't. Seemed to me his point was not about Walmart's salary policies, but that if you were a Walmart employee and you felt you weren't being paid enough, then find another job.

I think Walmart's salary policies are pretty evident if you ever actually go in a Walmart... their employees are generally the worst and dumbest of any you can find in retail... ie, you get what you pay for.

Posted

so you'd prefer to have the government supplement walmart salaries, rather than walmart pay their workers enough to live on?

why?

The government is NOT supplementing Wal-Mart's salaries. Their salaries are above minimum wage and then supply/demand dictates how much the pay. It is simple economics.

Posted

why?

Mainly b/c the store is open.

Not being sarcastic here either.

Worked retail all through college, every Christmas Eve, Black Friday.

If the argument is the store should be open that day, the easy protest is to refuse to shop there.

I was a bit offput buy Black THURSDAY night this year at walmart, but I saved 400$ on a TV so meh.

Posted

The government is NOT supplementing Wal-Mart's salaries. Their salaries are above minimum wage and then supply/demand dictates how much the pay. It is simple economics.

i fail to see how these things are mutually exclusive.

Posted

Mainly b/c the store is open.

Not being sarcastic here either.

Worked retail all through college, every Christmas Eve, Black Friday.

If the argument is the store should be open that day, the easy protest is to refuse to shop there.

I was a bit offput buy Black THURSDAY night this year at walmart, but I saved 400$ on a TV so meh.

hope you didn't buy an emerson.

Posted

hope you didn't buy an emerson.

Samsung yo.

Only the best for my waiting in line!

Posted

i fail to see how these things are mutually exclusive.

So basically you don't understand how supply/demand works....got it.

Without raising the minimum wage, supply/demand dictates what a company needs to and should pay for their wages.

I am still back to my same premise. If you did so little in school that a job running a cash register at Wal-Mart is your only choice.....you have no one to blame but yourself.

Don't like what Wal-Mart pays, work somewhere else.

Posted

i'll be getting a membership to costco.

Posted

i'll be getting a membership to costco.

Costco baby wipes >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Posted

So basically you don't understand how supply/demand works....got it.

Without raising the minimum wage, supply/demand dictates what a company needs to and should pay for their wages.

I am still back to my same premise. If you did so little in school that a job running a cash register at Wal-Mart is your only choice.....you have no one to blame but yourself.

Don't like what Wal-Mart pays, work somewhere else.

since your smugness appears to be affecting your ability to read, I'll slow this down for you a little...

how does repeating "supply and demand" over and over negate the idea of the government supplementing walmart's wages and lack of benefits?