Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cary Kollins

UPDATE! Rick Reilly is a lying dingleberry clinging to his hatred of Cam Newton

274 posts in this topic

Damn! Jay Cutler, hell Lance Armstrong don't get this much hate from the media!

It is true, Cam is a young, cocky, arrogant, and immature black kid. And there's nothing the media hates more than that.

yeh cuz they hated Michael Jordan, Tiger Woods (pre-hookers), Charles Barkley, Usain Bolt, Kobe Bryant, Mike Vick (pre-dogs), Barry Bonds (pre swollen head), Austin Rivers, Kenyon Martin, Anthony Davis, on and on

try again you race-baiting clown

Mike Francesca is a fat soda guzzling slob who is annoying as f*ck but he is dead on about this

Yup. It was an awful career move for Reilly to move to ESPN.

Yup. It was an awful career move for Reilly to move to ESPN.

i don't know...seems like a match made in heaven or something.

yeh cuz they hated Michael Jordan, Tiger Woods (pre-hookers), Charles Barkley, Usain Bolt, Kobe Bryant, Mike Vick (pre-dogs), Barry Bonds (pre swollen head), Austin Rivers, Kenyon Martin, Anthony Davis, on and on

You think people were fair to Mike Vick even before his dog days?? Maybe in Atlanta.

So now it's "fair"

Mike was a media darling. Maybe not so far as interviewing like a polished and prepped slimeball running for federal office but everyone loved him because of his ability. Try to think back to VPI days too.

Anyway. If that is the only rebuttal I think my point is well proved.

Much as I hate to wade into this never ending topic, it should be pointed out there are fallacies in your choices of comparables.

QB is a position historically dominated by white players. Furthermore, it is viewed as a leadership position. So which of the above guys fits that comparison? None. The closest is Tiger, but he is in a sport of individual performers.

QB is a position historically dominated by white players. Furthermore, it is viewed as a leadership position. So which of the above guys fits that comparison? None. The closest is Tiger, but he is in a sport of individual performers.

The quarterback is the "American dream". He's the guy who dates the head cheerleader, the "leader of men", the field GENERAL, the ALPHA MALE. He is the extension of the coach. And while you have other leaders on the field offense and defense, the QB is the only one who is literally "protected" on the field of play. It should be noted the quarterback position was created and constructed during a period of segregation in the NFL.

1 person likes this

So the guy obviously sits in locker rooms and times people on how long their showers are.... just a little creepy to me

I'm imagining a Sportscenter commercial that shows Rick Reilly in full fisherman rain gear - hat, boots, yellow slicker, whole nine yards, patrolling through the showers to get sound bites.

Glancing at the camera, he says "how else do you think I get it first on twitter? *wink*, and cut.

Breaking News, Captain Munnerlyn likes to whistle the theme from Pirates of the Carribian while he's lathering up. Tune into SportsCenter for more on this developing story.

Wait, I don't really want to get into a race thing but are you suggesting none on these people were hated? A good portion of this list were indeed hated in their playing days and still are.

Vick (before dog fighting)

Barkley

Kobe

Kenyon

Bonds (even before the steroid thing)

All got plenty of hate.

UPDATE: Go to page 11 for the real story...

Blah Blah I know you don't want to hear about what the media said about Cam. Please close your browser.

OK for everyone else that is interested...

On the Colin Cowpoo show, Rick Reilly talked about Cam for a minute:

-said Cam took exactly 54 minutes to meet with the media after coach Rivera. Went on to explain that the media writers have deadlines and Cam should know that and should hurry up out of the shower. Said Peyton and AR don't do stuff like that. Also said that the team had to wait on the bus for Cam to leave.

-said Cam feels entitled, is a diva

-Colin asked if Cam can be great, Reilly said he has to grow up and stop being a diva first

-Colin said he has a source that he trusts that told him other players in the locker room feel Cam is a diva

Reilly came off sounding like an entitled brat sports writer. Complaining about fugging deadlines.

Cam is not perfect...yet. He needs to develop into a better leader and locker room presence. I firmly believe that will come with time.

so these folks who spent a whole draft season labeling Cam as a Diva is going out of their way to prove that he is because they can never be wrong. Nope, that isn't a diva attitude at all.

If he does feel entitle that is the fault of the coached for making him the face of the franchise in his second year. I understand he is the QB, but Brady, Manning (Eli)Rothinburger (forgive the spelling)are the franchise QBs of there teams but their coaches are the face of the franchise and their organization reflex their coaches personality moreso than their QB. RR is weak minded who throws Cam out there to the media and doesn't nothing to take the heat off of him. Even Rex Ryan although not consider great bring the attention to himself and doesn't put his QB out there for the media to feast on.

What are you talking about? The attitude of this team is not Cam's. This is the same team spoilt team that was under Fox.

Wake up..These sorts writers were the same folks who were relentlessly attacking everything Cam did during the draft. They seem to still have it out for Cam because he isn't what they make of him but they are to arrogant and ego driven to admit they are wrong. All they are doing is framing everything he does to try to help make their argument.