273 replies to this topic

#61 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,613 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:20 PM

My coworkers neighbor is Jordan Gross's doctor..Supposedly Gross told the Dr. that Cam doesn't speak to anyone but a select few..that he's the ultimate diva

Don't know how accurate that is..but if it's true it makes me sad..it's one thing to be a diva to the media..but to your own team? inexcusable IMHO

That is very close to what I heard from a player

#62 carolinarolls

carolinarolls

Mel's brother Del

• HUDDLER
  • 5,307 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:20 PM

Funny how everyone bashes the media when they say something they don't like but links the same jackasses when the situation is reversed.

How does it feel to be led by the nose and dance on a string btw? Does it feel as foolish as it looks?

#63 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,219 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:22 PM

My coworkers neighbor is Jordan Gross's doctor..Supposedly Gross told the Dr. that Cam doesn't speak to anyone but a select few..that he's the ultimate diva

Don't know how accurate that is..but if it's true it makes me sad..it's one thing to be a diva to the media..but to your own team? inexcusable IMHO

Jordan Gross has been one of Cam's most public defenders, so he must be one of the select few.

Also, a coworker's neighbor? I'm glad we're going straight to the source.

#64 BBQ&Beer

BBQ&Beer

The good actor

• HUDDLER
  • 3,965 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:22 PM

Funny how everyone bashes the media when they say something they don't like but links the same jackasses when the situation is reversed.

How does it feel to be led by the nose and dance on a string btw? Does it feel as foolish as it looks?

Some of us just bash certain people in the media.

#65 Mrs Pantherfan

Mrs Pantherfan

Lusting on Zod

• HUDDLER
  • 4,786 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:25 PM

Jordan Gross has been one of Cam's most public defenders, so he must be one of the select few.

Also, a coworker's neighbor? I'm glad we're going straight to the source.

I never proclaimed it to be the absolute truth..hence the "NOT SURE HOW ACCURATE IT IS"

back off

#66 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,913 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:27 PM

we've already tried losing a ton of games with the aw shucks super nice fellers who you'd want to marry your daughter types.

having some nastiness and arrogance could be a good thing in the long run. flushing out the complacency is something that needs to happen.

#67 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,608 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:29 PM

we've already tried losing a ton of games with the aw shucks super nice fellers who you'd want to marry your daughter types.

having some nastiness and arrogance could be a good thing in the long run. flushing out the complacency is something that needs to happen.

This. Give me more Newtons and Olsens rather than the same ole few select players from the previous regime we've continually heard to be "murmuring."

#68 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,219 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:31 PM

I never proclaimed it to be the absolute truth..hence the "NOT SURE HOW ACCURATE IT IS"

back off

I wouldn't care if it was 100% accurate. This forum is WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY too hung up on its ludicrous conceptions of how professional players should act and do so with no rhyme or reason on why they feel the way they do. They just assume a QB must be both a humble, team-first guy who cries after every TD and blows kisses to his oline, and yet also a brash, gunslinging prima-donna that instills fear in opposing fanbases.

Cam doesn't have to like everyone on the team, he just has to do his job, communicate with the ones he needs to communicate with, work on his development as a quarterback, and not do anything catastrophically dumb. So far, so good, in spite of crushing losses, piss-poor coaching, unrelenting media scrutiny and a fanbase of retards.

Let the goddamn kid grow up on his own terms, I'm sick everyone making everything he does into a referendum on his diva-ness.

#69 Mrs Pantherfan

Mrs Pantherfan

Lusting on Zod

• HUDDLER
  • 4,786 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:36 PM

I wouldn't care if it was 100% accurate. This forum is WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY too hung up on its ludicrous conceptions of how professional players should act and do so with no rhyme or reason on why they feel the way they do. They just assume a QB must be both a humble, team-first guy who cries after every TD and blows kisses to his oline, and yet also a brash, gunslinging prima-donna that instills fear in opposing fanbases.

Cam doesn't have to like everyone on the team, he just has to do his job, communicate with the ones he needs to communicate with, work on his development as a quarterback, and not do anything catastrophically dumb. So far, so good, in spite of crushing losses, piss-poor coaching, unrelenting media scrutiny and a fanbase of retards.

Let the goddamn kid grow up on his own terms, I'm sick everyone making everything he does into a referendum on his diva-ness.

dang man..calm down..why you yellin' at me...I like Cam..I'm not one of the haters..I'm just reiterating what I was told..

#70 beastson

beastson

Big Money

• HUDDLER
  • 9,365 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:37 PM

Make em wait Cam

Better him than me... I wouldn't give you muthafugas noooooooooo type of press

FINE ME

#71 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,219 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:38 PM

dang man..calm down..why you yellin' at me...I like Cam..I'm not one of the haters..

I talk loud, this is my speaking voice. Wait, you can hear me from wherever you are? Damn. . .

#72 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,613 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:38 PM

dang man..calm down..why you yellin' at me...I like Cam..I'm not one of the haters..I'm just reiterating what I was told..

I think he is having a moment

#73 Sloth

Sloth

idk

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,700 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:39 PM

I can only say I have heard the same thing from a player. Good bad or indifferent is up to each individual.

Two things to be thankful for are the rookie cap and new GM. IF Newton turns out to be a team killing shithead or doesn't continue to progress, the new GM doesn't have the same ties to players and the cap makes it easy to say "fug it" and move on if necessary.

Hopefully it's not true (or misconstrued), Cam continues to develop and he's that franchise guy for us.

#74 Chaos

Chaos

@chaos_cltsports

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,136 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:42 PM

So, who here is going to be the first to post on Twitter that Rick Reilly is a self-absorbed know-nothing arrogant prick?

Make sure you let us know if you post it first.

#75 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 14,642 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:43 PM

I was at the Tampa game and during a TV timeout he spoke to nearly everybody on the offense and was slapping five with everyone. This was when we were down 10-0 in the first half. So maybe the entire offense is part of the select few?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com