Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

For the Sake of the Franchise

76 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

[quote name='run1stdownrun2nddown' timestamp='1354084131' post='2020253']
Noo but I watched a team trade up for RGIII last year. That means I think the same thing will happen this year.
[/quote]

Assuming a trade will happen because one happened last year makes no sense.

Posted · Report post

Draft position doesn't really matter to me. What matter is if Rivera will comeback which I hope not.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='chef17' timestamp='1354083947' post='2020251']
Those teams aren't winning more games than us, it simply isn't happening. Losing would be terrible and it is retarded to want the team you claim to support to lose.
[/quote]

Colts fans wanted to lose so they could draft Luck. Look where that got them. I consider myself in that same boat, but for different purposes. One, to assure Rivera is gone. Two, a much needed boost in draft picks. I hear people talk about Jadeveon Clowney. This plan I'm talking on right here, puts us in a legitimate spot to draft him, even if we win the superbowl next year. If not him, perhaps a guy like Marquis Lee. This idea is spotless, and all it costs us is to see this team lose five games. Five games is not much, compared to a HOF roster, guaranteed to have us in superbowl talks year in and year out.

If Rivera stays, Cam could be done in Carolina.

Posted · Report post

talk about a culture where losing is accepted, one where it is encouraged would be disastrous! You can't create a championship team by losing.

Posted · Report post

Lose out? No. But don't worry, I highly doubt we finish better than 5-11.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Matthias' timestamp='1354084683' post='2020260']
Colts fans wanted to lose so they could draft Luck. Look where that got them. I consider myself in that same boat, but for different purposes. One, to assure Rivera is gone. Two, a much needed boost in draft picks. I hear people talk about Jadeveon Clowney. This plan I'm talking on right here, puts us in a legitimate spot to draft him, even if we win the superbowl next year. If not him, perhaps a guy like Marquis Lee. This idea is spotless, and all it costs us is to see this team lose five games. Five games is not much, compared to a HOF roster, guaranteed to have us in superbowl talks year in and year out.

[/quote]

Lol how is it spotless when we aren't guaranteed the first pick? If we lose out but still pick behind the Eagles, Chiefs, and Jags are you gonna be happy?

Posted · Report post

This thread needs to be gif bombed because people like the OP need to be weeded out of our fanbase for the "Sake of the Franchise".

Posted · Report post

Same people that are calling Matthias names now wanted us to lose out and get luck 2 years ago.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Matthias' timestamp='1354084683' post='2020260']
Colts fans wanted to lose so they could draft Luck. Look where that got them. I consider myself in that same boat, but for different purposes. One, to assure Rivera is gone. Two, a much needed boost in draft picks. I hear people talk about [b]Jadeveon Clowney[/b]. This plan I'm talking on right here, puts us in a legitimate spot to draft him, even if we win the superbowl next year. If not him, perhaps a guy like [b]Marquis Lee[/b]. This idea is spotless, and all it costs us is to see this team lose five games. Five games is not much, compared to a HOF roster, guaranteed to have us in superbowl talks year in and year out.

[/quote]

Are these players even eligible for the draft??

Also, why would Atlanta rest their starters starting in Week 14?

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Matthias' timestamp='1354080285' post='2020204']
I actually thought I was the only one who felt this way, and decided to make it a topic. I don't know though, this plan seems to be the best thing possible, yet for some reason we don't think so. I want to know why.
[/quote]seriously? you thought you were the only one that felt that way?'

haven't you participated in a few of these threads yourself?

they show up at least once a week.

and none of them have any original thought to them. it's all the same thing. lose out so we get a better draft pick. never mind that it's going to make this team look horrible and like a seemingly insurmountable challenge for a new GM and coaching staff. never mind that it will end up sucking just about every bit of pride out what players stick around after how many years of sucking and working on their 3rd coach and 3rd system in 4 years...yeah. getting that one draft pick is worth it all.

ugh.

we will have some big competition for HC this year. the team has to look as attractive as possible and as little a chore as possible for potential HCs. what's more important? an early first and maybe an early second draft pick who might make a difference in a couple years, or a HC that can shape and mold this whole team into something special?

sorry, i want this team to look good for a prospective HC and i want this team to feel better than dirt heading into the offseason. i don't think there's any player in the draft or need so great in the draft that moving up a few spots in the draft would be worth losing out.

Posted · Report post

We are not going to win out. We struggled mightily with a team in Philly that has half quit. We aren't winning out so put that out of your mind. I do think we can beat OAK, SD, and KC.

We'll see. None of those are quality wins and I still say with all likely paths this thing could finish in, Rivera is 95% fired.

Posted · Report post

Winning cures everything! No one should never have a mindset of a loser. I don't mind losing if you tried your best, but to lay down and give up is unacceptable. We need this frachise to break out of the funk and winning is the only answer. Draft picks for the sake of draft picks is good but getting a good position doesn't guarantee any success. Gems are found all over the draft. Not just the top 5. I say put your best foot forward and if you go down, go down swinging