Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tracking Down 'Front Office' Employees

32 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Massive bump.

I've had my heart set on this for some time now and  caught a lucky break and wanted to follow up on it in this thread that I started a while back.

I recently discovered a connection through a cousin who is good friends with a guy that previously worked as an executive for the Yankees and Giants. He played an integral role in the building of the new Metlfie stadium and though he isn't in the Sports security business anymore, he was still a valuable asset. I got his email and we talked on the phone extensively one day and he gave me some advice and luckily put me into contact with the head of security of the New England Patriots whom he has worked with and is friends with.

So, I e-mailed the Patriots and the company that handles their stadium and player security and sure enough, I now have an interview with them when I get back to the east coast and am hoping to land an internship under the supervision of the Patriots' head of security and front office personnel this summer. It is a bummer that it's the off-season but I still should be able to tour the locker room and meet some of the staff and possibly even Robert Kraft himself. If I get the internship, I will likely work during New England Revolution games at the stadium and during concerts.

I am really hoping this opportunity allows me to get my foot in the door in the professional sports industry and if it does I cannot wait to work hard and make a good impression. Fingers are crossed! 

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

First off Congrats on the possibility.  But wouldnt you think posting about it on a message board falls into the first thing you wouldnt want to do in security?  Loose lips sink ships and all that stuff. 

Posted · Report post

First off Congrats on the possibility.  But wouldnt you think posting about it on a message board falls into the first thing you wouldnt want to do in security?  Loose lips sink ships and all that stuff. 

Eh I don't think so. I'm not giving up any sort of secrets, intelligence, or posting anything that is incriminating to myself or anyone else and I just wanted to share the opportunity that I have. May be different if I was applying for some federal jobs requiring top secret security clearances but this internship requires no background investigations or clearances as far as I know. 

Posted · Report post

I know the head of security for the panthers, wouldn't you rather intern with us?

Posted · Report post

I know the head of security for the panthers, wouldn't you rather intern with us?

Not sure if serious...but the answer to your question is yes.

My dream job is to be the head of security and player personnel for the Panthers. 

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Update for any of those who may be interested:

Luckily for me I had a family connection who knows some people high up within the Patriots organization. Essentially the Patriots and those at Gillette Stadium created a position for me knowing I am pursuing my master's degree in homeland security and that my dream job lies somewhere within the sports world. Usually all their internships are something to do with marketing or the business side of things but with a little persistence and some luck I managed to get myself a 1v1 with the Patriots Head of Security and Stadium Operations. 

Interview/meeting lasted a good 45 minutes and we basically just talked about some problems they had been facing on a yearly basis. It was fun going to a private parking lot at the stadium and taking the elevator all the way up to the administrative floor of the stadium that overlooked the entire field. I had to go through some security checkpoints and unfortunately had to watch a re-run of our Superbowl against the Patriots in the lobby while I waited to be called in. 

I have been tasked with developing a stadium-wide use of force policy for stadium security guards and supervisors, improving wanding techniques and efficiency at the front gates, and developing alternative emergency exit plans in the event that the emergency exits are unable to be used at any time. Aside from that, I will be in attendance of the New England Revolution soccer games, concerts, and Patriots training camp. I am hoping to get a tour of the stadium soon and am excited to be around football this summer even if it is not the Panthers.

I will let you know how things play out!

7 people like this

Posted · Report post

Holy cow batman. Living the dream! CONGRATS! 

p.s. Does that mean you won't be there with us in San Francisco?

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Holy cow batman. Living the dream! CONGRATS! 

p.s. Does that mean you won't be there with us in San Francisco?

I still have one more semester out in San Diego. Not sure I will make it to San Fran but I will be at the Arizona game... already got my ticket. I'll see what I can do about getting up to San Francisco. 

Posted · Report post

I still have one more semester out in San Diego. Not sure I will make it to San Fran but I will be at the Arizona game... already got my ticket. I'll see what I can do about getting up to San Francisco. 

I'll buy a you a ticket to the SF game :-) 

Posted · Report post

I'll buy a you a ticket to the SF game :-) 

It's more of me figuring out how to get to San Fran. Not sure if driving would really make sense and a flight might be a pain for me because then I'd likely have to get hotel room. Although, I am still going to try to stay in the same hotel as the Panthers in Phoenix and it would be awesome to do the same in SF. 

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

cool...sounds like a fun job

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Congrats to you.  What a wonderful opportunity...and you made it happen.  A nice career in front of you. Bet you will be in the NFL office someday.

1 person likes this