#32 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,672 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:01 AM

Cam is not untouchable, but some guys will bitch about every and anything that he does.a guy in his 2nd year, making mistakes is not the norm.

#33 Captroop

Captroop

Pronounced, "Cat Poop"

• HUDDLER
  • 4,999 posts
  • LocationNot Telling... CatofWar might find me.

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:06 AM

I'm just here for the gifs...

Posted Image

#34 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:09 AM

The OP and Doc Holiday pretty much validate what I said on this board for 5 years. If we brought in an african american QB, how much glory he receives would be a constant issue. The need to "diagnose" or take a paternalistic stance towards his character/maturity/mental makeup would be an "entitlement" that those fans cling to. And the fact his heritage makes them feel they arent apart of his success. We see these sentiments constantly. It just highlights how far this fanbase and people who follow the Panthers have to go.

Our QB just had a great game on Monday Night Football and some of us are spending the week attempting to downplay it and point out a "flaw" in his character.

#35 Rubi

Rubi

Squid Smasher

• HUDDLER
  • 2,369 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:11 AM

I'm a proud member of the CDF

We vow to fight off all troll forces in the name of our franchise savior known as Cam

#nerdalert

#36 Wesmesss

Wesmesss

Panthers/ECU/Bobcats

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:11 AM

If I'm losing by 21+ in Madden and I throw an 80 yard bomb TD in the 4th quarter, I'm still throwing my controller, screaming and humping the tv set in celebration of my feat.

Go Cam Go

#37 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

NON FACETE NOBIS CALCITRARE VESTRVM PERINAEVM

• HUDDLER
  • 4,080 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:23 AM

Just to humor this accusation give me one example of Cam celebrating with the team down 30+ points. Just one.

A remember him celebrating after a TD that made a game a two possession game in the third quarter against the Giants. Not sure I see the immaturity in trying to get his team and the fans fired up in the third quarter of a two possession game. When Cam scored in the NY game it made it 23-7, a two possession game early in the 3rd quarter and I am confident that his intention was to fire up the crowd and the team, to try and get some momentum going.

Not much different than RG3 celebrating his TD with his team down by 15 points with less than 2:00 to play in the game. But he "gets it" amrite??

it was the Giants game, I don't care if you made it a two score game, what was the final score? 36-7. GTFO. make it a one score game and maybe you have something you don't celebrate that crap.

#38 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 15,953 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:23 AM

The OP and Doc Holiday pretty much validate what I said on this board for 5 years. If we brought in an african american QB, how much glory he receives would be a constant issue. The need to "diagnose" or take a paternalistic stance towards his character/maturity/mental makeup would be an "entitlement" that those fans cling to. And the fact his heritage makes them feel they arent apart of his success. We see these sentiments constantly. It just highlights how far this fanbase and people who follow the Panthers have to go.

Our QB just had a great game on Monday Night Football and some of us are spending the week attempting to downplay it and point out a "flaw" in his character.

But they all love RG3!

Because he is humble and knows his place in society. And he wears colorful Sponge Bob Square pants socks like a circus clown that is just here to amuse them.

It isn't whether they are a black QB or not, it is about whether they will act the way some want them to act while being a black QB. They have no problems with black QBs as long as they conform to their standards of how black QBs should act.

Joe Namath's cockiness was/is considered cool, Cam's cockiness is entitlement and immaturity. smh

#39 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

• HUDDLER
  • 4,080 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:24 AM

I'm a proud member of the CDF

We vow to fight off all troll forces in the name of our franchise savior known as Cam

#nerdalert

so you care more about a player then the team? Way to go buddy

#40 Rubi

Rubi

Squid Smasher

• HUDDLER
  • 2,369 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:26 AM

so you care more about a player then the team? Way to go buddy

Here's another guy who never smiles...

#41 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 15,953 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:29 AM

it was the Giants game, I don't care if you made it a two score game, what was the final score? 36-7. GTFO. make it a one score game and maybe you have something you don't celebrate that crap.

Just so we are on the same page, you think that when Jake Delhomme came into the game while down 17-0 against the Jacksonville Jaguars in 2003 he shouldn't have been running around slapping everyone's helmets and trying to get everyone fired up?

With Jake that is leadership. With Cam it is showboating while down by 16 points.

Got it.

#42 Iceberg Slim

Iceberg Slim

Keep it 100

• HUDDLER
  • 2,087 posts
  • Locationwhatcha worried about it for

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:36 AM

Posted Image

#43 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

• HUDDLER
  • 4,080 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:38 AM

KT get your race baiting crap out of here, I'm simply saying its should be ok to criticize him. What have I said that is race related in the least? Nothing.

And you're sitting here singling out my post in here while I have post in 2 other threads on the main page of this forum that are either praising Cam or Defending him.

Can't a guy give balanced analysis of a player?

If those that were around for the whole Jake Delhomme crap should know that anything Cam has gotten pails in comparison to what Jake got. And no one said any of Jakes criticisms were racially based. So why can't I do that here?

#44 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 15,953 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:39 AM

BTW this is a perfect microcosm of the hypocrisy that is going on with people about Cam

"Hey when you are losing don't be grumpy and have bad body language"

"Hey when you are losing don't try to get your team and crowd fired up either, because you know you are losing"

When people actively pursue things to criticize they will find it no matter what a guy does.

#45 Rubi

Rubi

Squid Smasher

• HUDDLER
  • 2,369 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:41 AM

BTW this is a perfect microcosm of the hypocrisy that is going on with people about Cam

"Hey when you are losing don't be grumpy and have bad body language"

"Hey when you are losing don't try to get your team and crowd fired up either, because you know you are losing"

I hear ya. But it's kind of an unwritten, understood, universal rule...

When you're getting your butt whipped...u don't celebrate when u finally score...

(Still a proud member of the CDF)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com