Photo
- - - - -

Clerk shoots man after punch

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
52 replies to this topic

#46 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:07 PM

lol @ IF HE JUST PULLED OUT HIS GUN AND WAVED IT AT THE GUY THE SITUATION WOULD NOT HAVE ESCALATED ANY FURTHER

#47 FurdTurgason

FurdTurgason

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:10 PM

What an ignorant post.

FatC 14, KatL 0

#48 FurdTurgason

FurdTurgason

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:11 PM

lol @ IF HE JUST PULLED OUT HIS GUN AND WAVED IT AT THE GUY THE SITUATION WOULD NOT HAVE ESCALATED ANY FURTHER

Do you say this based on the level headedness already displayed by the shooting victim in the video?

#49 natty

natty

HUDDLER

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:06 PM

Who the hell said anything about waving it around. This is why nobody takes the 'defensive protection' argument of gun control seriously, because no one talks about using a gun defensively. It's shoot first, ask questions later.

I would think you so-called experts would know the difference between pulling and aiming a gun.

#50 Kral

Kral

Internet Legend

HUDDLER

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:45 PM

FatC 14, KatL 0

So I don't get it.
Under what rules is this game played?
Can I bring my friends?
Kool-aid drinkers they may be.
Most of them may even be retarded
You can figure that out yourself.
Doesn't that sound fun?
It does to me.
Can't wait.
Kral

#51 FurdTurgason

FurdTurgason

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:55 PM

So I don't get it.
Under what rules is this game played?
Can I bring my friends?
Kool-aid drinkers they may be.
Most of them may even be retarded
You can figure that out yourself.
Doesn't that sound fun?
It does to me.
Can't wait.
Kral

Another pick six.

FatC 21, KatL 0

It's really not your day.

#52 Donald LaFell

Donald LaFell

SUPPORTER

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:28 PM

don't open the door? Call the police? Right. Dare the guy to make your day? Wrong.

Can't feel sorry for the guy that got killed. People who are in bed at 3:30am because they have to get up at 5:00am to go volunteer at their local community center are much less likely to get shot than guys punching a convienience store clerk in the face.

There was no reason to open the door and from the small snippet of video it looks like the store owner wasn't trying to remove himself from the situation. Not the way to defend yourself. When you have a gun you lose every fight and try to remove yourself from the situation, it needs to be clear that whoever is getting shot wanted to die. Guy in the red cap didn't want to die.

I don't really feel sorry for the guy that got shot at all, I would never march in support of him or his family. He's an idiot. That's ridiculous. Just becuase he might have been shot outside the letter of the law does not mean he should be remembered like a victim.

Just because the guy in the red cap wasn't a model citizen doesn't mean he deserved to get shot, it's not ok to kill people just for starting trouble. I don't feel sorry for him, but this isn't the wild west. Guns are for defending you life, not for an excuse to be extra assertive.

#53 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

HUDDLER

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:08 PM

The bottom line is that he went to the door and moved towards a confrontation, as opposed to doing what all responsible gun owners are supposed to do, and seek to remove yourself from the situation.

He wasn't pinned down or backed into a corner.