Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Munch4455

Jordan Officially Interested In Changing Name to Hornets

83 posts in this topic

Fixed

Well played, sir.

THE HIVE IS ALIVE!!!!!!

Can we talk about how gay this "Pelicans" nickname is too? I'd heard "Krewe" "Spirit" "Voodoo" but not the pelicans. It sounds like a Double A baseball team lol.

1 person likes this

Well played, sir.

THE HIVE IS ALIVE!!!!!!

Can we talk about how gay this "Pelicans" nickname is too? I'd heard "Krewe" "Spirit" "Voodoo" but not the pelicans. It sounds like a Double A baseball team lol.

Close, its a single-A baseball team lol

http://www.milb.com/index.jsp?sid=t521

I'm from High Point but old enough to remember when the Hornets were the only game in town before the Panthers came along. I would love for this to come back. It's about so much more than the name. It's our identity and what we grew up with, probably the first sports team we fell in love with.

The Hornets name is important to people who are from the area and city.

If you aren't from Charlotte (Please note: Statesville/Greensboro/Rock Hill is not part of Charlotte) I don't expect you to understand or relate to the rebrand. Frankly, I don't care if you like it or not. This goes for the kids on here as well. You youngsters don't know anything about the Hornets and most of you just want NBA basketball. You're about to be amazed to see what the city of Charlotte can do with a pro basketball team they actually support now.

When this happens - John and the people who signed the petition and the people who poured their hearts and soul into this deserve a fuging statue outside of TWC arena.

I think a great statue would be a picture of Hugo wiping his arse with a picture of Bob Johnson.

2 people like this

This has to happen. Charlotte Hornets for life!

It's us from Greensboro/Statesville/Rock Hill who keep fan support for the Panthers decent, and who'll still support the Bobcats/Hornets when you Charlotteans get tired of them again. Anyways, it's looking like this will happen. Guess ill have to get some new gear

I love everything about this right now...the Bobcats changing to the Hornets....New Orleans switching to the PELICANS. lol, yep...feels good.

I was just thinking about how much I can't wait to be able to call the stadium "The Hive" again assuming we get the name back. Such a better atmosphere. I also can't wait to get Super Hugo back to Charlotte. He just doesn't look right in that Gold crap.

250_super_hugo_16feb2007.jpg

I understand why we all would be thrilled to have the team name Hornets back. My question is why in the world would this cause fans to suddenly show up? Its the same exact product. I was a Charlotte Hornets fan. I was at Charlotte Bobcats fan. If this team were the Charlotte terds I would still pull hard for them. Im as excited as anyone to get the Hornets back(if we do) bc of the history, but im confused at the fans who said they showed up to watch the Hornets but not the Bobcats bc of the ownership and other reasons. Hornets=Bobcats. Bobcats=Hornets. Either way, why would a name influence a fans decision to come to games or not?

People refusing to support a team because of their name........... only the Charlotte local sports "fanbase" could fathom up a "cause" so pathetic and stupid.

That said, if we do take back the Hornets name they better keep it retro and not use that crappy logo and jersey changes that have happened since they've been in NOLA

Also the statistics are gonna be awkward as hell. If we take back Hornets...is Dell Curry the all time 3pt shooter for the Pelicans or the Charlotte Hornets? Will we negotiate just the Charlotte history part and they keep the NO Hornets part? Combine that with the Bobcats current history, essentially wiping out probably every team record? Or if they don't give us anything we won't be able to really associate with the 90s Hornets past the name I'd imagine, no Muggsy LJ Zo footage on the jumbotron opening night.

When Okafor comes to town do you still say he's the teams first ever draft pick? Or sit through the long winded explanation they will have to make every game when talking about different player connections to our team.

Definitely gonna be a weird process if it happens.