Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Dark Ages for UNC BB

97 posts in this topic

Posted

I just look on rivals usually. Duke and unc were both on his list and no strong interest in any specific team. That is really the extent of my recruiting research.

Posted

Wiggins is the real deal. Right now most think its either FSU, where his parents went to school, or UK since Calipari tends to get the true stud players at the top of the classes. I hope Wiggins wants to stand and challenge the other top guys verses teaming ul with them. I can only imagine the showdowns if Wiggins goes to UNC, Parker to Duke, Randle to State, plus the Harrisons and Young at UK.

Posted

Parker is going to BYU I bet

Posted

Parker to Duke and Wiggins to UK and I don't think Randle goes to State.

Posted

For some retard Carolina fans, if they don't win 40 games and a NC it's a losing season smh

Ummmm yea? Thats what happens when you have a "winning" program

Posted

I went to middle school with Stillman. Thought I'd share that..

Also, as long as these youngins don't pull some one and done crap, we should have a good team for a few years to come. A lot of good recruiting classes coming through.

Posted

For what it's worth, Wiggins just played in Kentucky and was posing with a bunch of UK fans telling them he'd see them next year. I know, I know, these are kids and they say crap like that to be liked, but still.

Posted

Does Carolina play UK next year?

Posted

Does Carolina play UK next year?

I dont think so, the teams didnt renew the series. Its a shame because those games have been great the last few years

Posted

Calipari wanted out of the matchup and didn't renew the series. I just don't think Wiggins goes to UK if he indeed wants to be the guy. I find it hard to believe the Harrison's are going to share the ball, have Young coming off the bench, and everybody get along. If he does go to UK then they are a monster team. Heck, Randle could also still go there. If that happens they could run the table.

Posted

The series actually resumes next year. Calipari and Roy both agreed to a one-year hiatus. Kentucky wanted two big rivalry games out of conference instead of three, and thus dumped Indiana, and wanted to alternate Louisville and North Carolina as the home game every year. As it was, they were playing both on the same home/away schedule.

Posted

Calipari wanted out of the matchup and didn't renew the series. I just don't think Wiggins goes to UK if he indeed wants to be the guy. I find it hard to believe the Harrison's are going to share the ball, have Young coming off the bench, and everybody get along. If he does go to UK then they are a monster team. Heck, Randle could also still go there. If that happens they could run the table.

I used to be of the opinion that Wiggins was a lock for us. But two things make me wonder...

1. He's torn between UK and FSU. Sometimes in that situation you feel terrible letting one of the two down, so you seek out a third option and maybe that's what he did with UNC.

2. We just got a verbal from Karl Towns, the number one of 2014. That means we've had the number one in 2010 (John Wall), 2012 (Anthony Davis), and 2014. Sometimes an alpha male doesn't want to be just another on the assembly line. He might want to lead someone else instead of being one of a gang. (Kind of what the old school stars were saying when Lebron signed with Miami, and why they didn't understand it)