Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Dark Ages for UNC BB

97 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Hornets 2.0' timestamp='1354403710' post='2025575']
Carolina's top four players were just drafted in the 1st round of the NBA Draft. They have a NCAA POY Candidate in James Michael McAdoo. Roy Williams is still the best recruiter in the business. He didn't for-see Marshall departing after 2 seasons nor Cody Zeller spurning him for IU. His recruiting had this team set up for Marshall/Hairston/Bullock/McAdoo/Zeller with McDonald/Paige/Tokoto/Johnson off the bench. That team would've dominated this season & been the NCAA favorites. If Marshall doesn't break his wrist in the tournament and/or Cody Zeller comes to UNC odds are Roy has 3 NCAA titles in 10 seasons. He has UNC as a frontrunner for Wiggins, the top prep player since LeBron in '03. That would be the #1 recruit twice in a 4 year span. Even this year, a down year by Roy's standards, UNC will compete for the ACC crown & a Final Four.

UNC has been the best program in the entire country since he returned home in '04. This program was in shambles when he returned & at an all-time low. Coach K was dominating UNC. 6 years later he had 2 NCAA Championships & Duke fans were giving up on coach K & Duke. Roy came in & absolutely took over. This has been the best 9 year span in UNC history.

2x NCAA Champion

3x Final Four

6x Elite 8

2x ACC Tournament Champion

6x ACC Champion

I swear, UNC fans have no sense of reality. Roy Williams is not appreciated nearly enough by this fanbase. Trust in Roy & stop worrying, he knows what he's doing.
[/quote]

^This Guy Gets It.

Posted · Report post

Parker to Michigan State
Wiggins to UK

Posted · Report post

Love how you state things as fact to make me look

Posted · Report post

OP - This is one of the dumbest things I've read on here in a while and that should truly say something. Lots of dumb threads/posts get placed on this forum daily but wow

If you are a fan of the Heels and you think this way, please PLEASE find another team to pull for you. We REAL Carolina fans don't want you or need you.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='MrTouchdown' timestamp='1354924638' post='2035884']We REAL Carolina fans
[/quote]
:lol:

Posted · Report post

[quote name='unicar15' timestamp='1354904004' post='2035530']
Parker to Michigan State
Wiggins to UK
[/quote]

Wiggins to FSU since the co-ed's got their hands on him. :)

Posted · Report post

[quote name='MrTouchdown' timestamp='1354379152' post='2024924']
Jesus man - this is the kind of crap this sub forum gets.

You heard rumors. Awesome. From who? A message board? A state fan calling in on WFNZ? Your drunk uncle last Saturday?

Roy said after surgery he plans to coach another five years. The job is his as long as he wants it to be.
[/quote]
Didn't you know??? Raleigh is the poo-end of Chapel Hill, they have nothing better to do than be up Carolina's ass. This involves their own little investigations, and of course, rumor circulation. Funny how a stater knows this much about Roy, they could only hope.

Posted · Report post

[b]crazietalker[/b]
Yuuuup RT @gregwrubell: Jabari Parker's dad Sonny: "I think it will probably be be between Duke and Michigan State. " http://t.co/U75v25kG

Jabari is set to announce December 20th.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='bigcatdaddy' timestamp='1355335755' post='2043396']
[b]crazietalker[/b]
Yuuuup RT @gregwrubell: Jabari Parker's dad Sonny: "I think it will probably be be between Duke and Michigan State. " [url="http://t.co/U75v25kG"]http://t.co/U75v25kG[/url]

Jabari is set to announce December 20th.
[/quote]

Goodness...If I hit this one then I should just quit school and work in sports journalism/recruiting. Michigan State over Duke.

Wiggins to UK

Randle to NC State

Posted · Report post

[quote name='unicar15' timestamp='1355345854' post='2043662']

Goodness...If I hit this one then I should just quit school and work in sports journalism/recruiting. Michigan State over Duke.

Wiggins to UK

Randle to NC State
[/quote]

You could be dead on about the first 2 but Randle to NC State isn't going to happen.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='bigcatdaddy' timestamp='1355347677' post='2043723']
You could be dead on about the first 2 but Randle to NC State isn't going to happen.
[/quote]

I love it how we have been in his top 4 all along and now it's Florida, Kansas, NC State, and Texas likely as the 4 contenders but you think there is no shot he comes here. The same was also said for CJ Leslie, Rodney Purvis, and TJ Warren. There was no way Leslie would go anywhere other than UK. Rodney was going to Duke or UCONN. TJ Warren was going to replace Harrison Barnes at UNC.

IMO it's going to be Kansas or NC State for Randle. Kansas would be hard to pass up as a kid from Texas but UT is a disaster right now and Barnes couldn't win a title with Kevin Durant and DJ Augustin. I just don't see Randle going there to play in a blah basketball conference when he can come to NC State, play on a really good team, and play against Duke, UNC, Syracuse, Pitt, Maryland and the rest.

We have a much better shot than you think...Not to mention one of the lead guards for our team, Purvis, is one of the guy's best friends. A good enough friend that when Sidney Lowe was here he started recruiting Randle to NC State and one of the reasons Randle was intrigued with NCSU at that point was because he knew Rodney was from Raleigh and would likely also be recruited to go here. If LOWE can spark interest...I believe Gott can seal the deal.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='unicar15' timestamp='1355610424' post='2047329']
I love it how we have been in his top 4 all along and now it's Florida, Kansas, NC State, and Texas likely as the 4 contenders but you think there is no shot he comes here. The same was also said for CJ Leslie, Rodney Purvis, and TJ Warren. There was no way Leslie would go anywhere other than UK.[u][b] Rodney was going to Duke[/b][/u] or UCONN. TJ Warren was going to replace Harrison Barnes at UNC.

IMO it's going to be Kansas or NC State for Randle. Kansas would be hard to pass up as a kid from Texas but UT is a disaster right now and Barnes couldn't win a title with Kevin Durant and DJ Augustin. I just don't see Randle going there to play in a blah basketball conference when he can come to NC State, play on a really good team, and play against Duke, UNC, Syracuse, Pitt, Maryland and the rest.

We have a much better shot than you think...Not to mention one of the lead guards for our team, Purvis, is one of the guy's best friends. A good enough friend that when Sidney Lowe was here he started recruiting Randle to NC State and one of the reasons Randle was intrigued with NCSU at that point was because he knew Rodney was from Raleigh and would likely also be recruited to go here. If LOWE can spark interest...I believe Gott can seal the deal.
[/quote]

Purvis was coming to Duke until they stopped recruiting him and he wanted to stay close to home so State made sense. I think Randle goes to Florida or Kansas, just my opinion. You can't put too much stock into "friendships" and recruiting, hell Shabazz and Alex Murphy are best friends and you see how much that mattered in the end.