Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A lot of you guys sicken me

132 posts in this topic

Posted

Seriously.. how many NFL games have been postponed to mourn the troops who are protecting our very freedom to be able to play NFL games?

ZERO.

But instead of taking a moment of silence, let's cancel the game.

Posted

After Chris Benoit killed himself, the WWE did postpone/canceled the Vince McMahon storyline where McMahon was "killed" or "blowed up". I think the live show of Raw was canceled and they showed highlights of past matches or something like that.

Posted

I feel bad for the family of the young lady - whatever "his" problems were, I doubt seriously that she deserved to die.

It sucks for the Chiefs organization, it sucks for the families - but my sympathy for him personally took a big nose dive once revealed that he murdered the mother of his 3 month old child.

As for the game, I'll withhold any judgement on whether its played or not - but then the question arises - when to play it in the future?

Yes, football is a game - but it is a buissiness as well. Tickets have been sold, hotels rented, fans have traveled, a team is traveling. Now the NFL can refund ticket expenses, but they can't speak for hotels and airlines. Whether any of us agree or not, the NFL has a responsibility to those that have paid to see the game.

Flame away, but I personally have been through this - my direct supervisor committed suicide - there were impacts that day, but we continued working as required. Small organizations might shutdown for a while, but some organizations can't.

125 people were killed by Hurricane Sandy - 2 states under National Emergency with millions out of power, housing, food and flooded. Half the NY Giants players with no where to live - but Giants and Steelers still played

This incident is a personal tragedy - not a national disaster.

3 people like this

Posted

THank You! It boggles my mind how narrow minded and short sighted people are that dont look at the picture. If I was the NFL commisioner I would draw a hardline. Games will only be postponed or cancelled due to severe weather or terrorist threats! Isolated incidents should not set back paychecks, jobs, TV contracts, millions and millions of dollars etc

This really belonged in the other thread, but some people can't resist the urge of getting more attention diverted to themselves.

Posted

What about the fans that traveled a long distance to see the game only for it to be canceled because of this criminal? what about the workers at the stadium that will have to take a pay cut due to it being canceled? What about others that already planned to come to the game? If we cancel the game, we let that asshole win. He has already affected others, we shouldn't let him affect anything else. Let those that were affected take time off and let the game go on.

Logistically, it's not that different from flex scheduling.

Posted

if i recall you are the one that made that analogy. and the point i made was that infrastructure JOBS not lives are more important to our country than playing in the NFL. next time please read comments a little more carefully :)

So then you should agree with me. I don't see what your point is.

It also takes 1 life to fill one job, or maybe two. (until the robo's take over, that is.)

1 person likes this

Posted

How do you flex schedule people who flew in this morning for the game?

2 people like this

Posted

I would just stop arguing with these classless morons. Trust me.

Posted

How do you flex schedule people who flew in this morning for the game?

and flex scheduling is done several days in advance and only affects kick off time - not kick off date.

Posted

So then you should agree with me. I don't see what your point is.

my point was your analogy on page 1 was terrible and not very well thought out. either way no need to argue, we both agree no human life is worth more than any other.

Posted

I would just stop arguing with these classless morons. Trust me.

Please enlighten us. People don't agree with your opinion so automatically, they are classless and morons.

You will not do well in the real world.

3 people like this

Posted

This thread is dildo's.

5 people like this