• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#11 ladypanther

ladypanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• LocationWNC
SUPPORTER

Posted 02 December 2012 - 12:31 PM

Small town here. Don't think there are any sports bars. Will look for a site for next week. Anyone else in Morganton??

Thanks for all the suggestions. :)

#12 Killa Cam 69

Killa Cam 69

King of the Hill

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 02 December 2012 - 12:36 PM

Are you really a lady

#13 Guest_Tom Cat_*

Guest_Tom Cat_*
Guests

Posted 02 December 2012 - 12:39 PM

I just use an antenna with my TV. You get the local channels so you can watch most the games that way. Otherwise I use online streaming. You can also go to a sports bar.

I have an antenna in my attic- I get about 6 or 8 stations - could get more if I wanted to get a booster for it - once the antenna is paid for its free tv - and believe it or not the signal/picture is better than cable or satellite. And I have a 46 inch Sony hdtv

go to this site - plug in your address and they tell you what you can receive over the air for free

http://www.antennaweb.org/

#14 Guest_Tom Cat_*

Guest_Tom Cat_*
Guests

Posted 02 December 2012 - 12:43 PM

Are you really a lady

A gentleman would not ask.

#15 Donald LaFell

Donald LaFell

SUPPORTER

Posted 02 December 2012 - 12:47 PM

just find whatever Rabbit ears you may still have laying around the house and hook it up, you DO NOT need a "digital antenna" that's just marketing. You could pick up HD with a coat hanger.

Over the Air HD is actually the best HD because it's uncompressed and free! murica.

#16 Kettle

Kettle

I'm Stainless.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationThe Brew Wing
HUDDLER

Posted 02 December 2012 - 12:53 PM

furiouspumpkin speaks the truth

#17 -13 Amp-

-13 Amp-

• PipPipPipPip
  • LocationShelby, NC
HUDDLER

Posted 02 December 2012 - 01:02 PM

just find whatever Rabbit ears you may still have laying around the house and hook it up, you DO NOT need a "digital antenna" that's just marketing. You could pick up HD with a coat hanger.

Over the Air HD is actually the best HD because it's uncompressed and free! murica.

QFT

when i worked at aarons (06 thru 11) we used to put a paperclip in the coax and pick up HD tv around the store (for the TVs not hooked up to some bluray dvd with HDMI)

#18 ladypanther

ladypanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• LocationWNC
SUPPORTER

Posted 02 December 2012 - 01:04 PM

Are you really a lady

Can't believe you asked that.

A gentleman would not ask.

Nor should anyone question.

#19 KillerKat

KillerKat

To Hell With Bell

HUDDLER

Posted 02 December 2012 - 01:04 PM

You should be able to get Fox with an antennae

#20 Brokenbad

Brokenbad

Cam is my hero

HUDDLER

Posted 02 December 2012 - 02:26 PM

After screwing me around for 4 days, Charter finally sent a tech out on Sat afternoon. He said looks like an auditor inadvertently cut my cable off...which cannot be resolved on the weekend. Although I was having no problems until things went dead....said I have major interference in my house which will take extensive work.

Thinking of cancelling cable and just going with Roku. Only loss would be sports.

I do have Sirius and can listen to the game. Any other suggestions, please PM me.

Anyone else have experience with Roku? How do you get your sports fix?

I am currently a cable guy. I their company is anything like mine, this sounds like a disconnect in error, accidentally disconnecting the wrong person.

My company would literally take about five seconds to add a new connector to the disconnected line. If you have interference, it may be hard to fix but will not cause you to lose service.

I strongly suggest you call your provider and raise hell and threaten to have services cut completely off.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users